#1 2016-01-01 23:27:08

Jon_L

Mac Compatible RuneApps (OSX)

Hey Skillbert - I love your RuneApps (and the web ones in particular)

Quick question - I have a Mac machine that I often do my clue scrolls on, and I've found that the screenshot upload & paste for the puzzlebox solver (and celtic knot) don't work on this machine.... But they do on my Windows PC. Am I forgetting / missing something minor?

Either way, I'm comfortable developing in JS and other web langs, and would love to make a Pull Request (or contribute via whichever VCS you use) that allows Mac users to use at least the image-based web tools. Let me know what needs to be done, and where I should start, and I'll happily get to work.

Thanks in advance

-Jon

RSN = Jon L

#2 2016-01-02 12:26:01

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Mac Compatible RuneApps (OSX)

As i understand it mac applies some kind of post processing filter to the whole screen, much like Flux does it. This step shifts all the colors slightly and makes it impossible to detect both windows and mac screenshots without making some kind of switch or detecting the context.
I checked a lot of the submitted images added a bunch of hardcoded fixes for some specific cases, however some are just impossible to fix like that.
When i see the submitted image from the slide solver i see a lot of very dark ones with slightly shifted hue. You might be able to fix it by just turning the brightness up.

Board footer