#26 2016-05-29 12:09:09

Proulxs

Re: [installed] AfkScape App

Love the app though it's not really user friendly at times.
Thanks for the workarounds for timestamp.

I'm looking to create a chat alert that would be cumulative. Is that possible?
Whenever you disassemble stuff you get a line saying which component you receive. What I would like to do is an alert that would warn me when I reach say 7 or X powerful. This way I would not have to watch screen and keep count or open the interface each few loads.

Also it could be useful to have a way to add a preset rather than just loading it destroying every other alert you worked on (Like the modified item level alert with timestamp + modified % progression because I don't like the 0=0%, 5=20%, 8 = 50%, 9 = 75%, 10 = 100% progression...)

Finally do you have a workaround for fishing with rod-o-matic without xp counter? When I fish at barbarian it's fine I do a 8.4sec alert with the xp meter but for priff urchins the timer just have to be sooo high. Crystal rod + afk warden was so nice I don't want to go back to xp meter alert with like 20 seconds delay...

#27 2016-05-29 13:24:43

Skillbert
Administrator

The cumulative chat alert isn't possible yet, it's on the list tho.

You can save and load complete presets using the save button, there is no way to save single alerts that way tho.

Rod-o-matic should work, it works at priff at least. Click the 'i' on the alert and there is a guide about it. For rod-o-matic you have to wear an off-hand as well and set your stance the sheathed.

#28 2016-05-29 19:52:16

Proulxs

I knew I read something about off-hand somewhere... though it was for hatchet/pickaxe only. Thx

#29 2016-05-30 18:01:53

Terry

How about an enriched wisp timer?

#30 2016-05-31 13:09:49

Mizzz Manon

Decided to do some testing in nxt. After each test I closed the app, changed a setting and opened the app again.
With any way I set it, sheathe stance and lobby timers are working correctly.
Through the entire testing the bird nest alerter and porter alerter had the color code for timestamps added.
The settings I changed were timestamps on/off, always-on mode on/off and multiple chat windows.

No matter what setting I tried, I never got an alert that my sign of the porter had depleted.

I did however get alerted for bird nests with 1 chat window, timestamps on or off and always-on mode off.
If I had the chat bar selected to type, I didn't get a notification for nests.
If I had 2 chat windows open and always-on mode off, and game messages filtered on both chats it gave me a notification but if I had either chat selected to type in, I didn't get a notification.

If there is any way I can get more data to you to resolve the issue let me know and I'll test again smile

Also, if I switched windows too often between RS and for example my browser, the app would dissapear and I would have to bring it up again through the menu.

Last edited by Mizzz Manon (2016-05-31 13:10:35)

#31 2016-06-01 20:29:27

pitties

It's not working for cannonball smithing! The alarm goes off continuously even while its still not done making the cannonballs hmm

#32 2016-06-01 21:13:29

Mizzz Manon

Check and see if the progress bar isnt above your character while the xp drops appear above your head, if those appear, it will make the app think the progress bar is not there.
I moved mine to below my character and haven't had that problem since.

#33 2016-06-03 07:33:44

Scotteeh

So I've been using Alt1 for a day so far and I goddamn love this thing, so thanks so much for that.

I've been trying out the AfkWarden(Also amazing) but I have encountered an issue with it not seeming to pickup when my rod-o-matic reaches level 10. You said on the first page that it latches onto the first chat window it finds. I usually have 2 chat windows open, the All Chat tab to filter out game messages that I do look at from time to time and a clan chat tab. Could the problem be that it's reading the clan chat tab and not the all chat tab where the rod-o-matic level 10 message is? If so is there a way to fix this?
Thanks

#34 2016-06-03 09:23:01

Skillbert
Administrator

I'm very busy with uni right now so can't really update it right now.
For now you can switch the positions of your chat windows. It scans your screen from top left to bottom right and remembers the first one it finds. There also seem to be some issues with the white outline around the input part of the chatbox, so make sure it's on 'press enter to chat'while afkwarden is starting.

#35 2016-06-06 19:43:22

amm

Skillbert wrote:

The cumulative chat alert isn't possible yet, it's on the list tho.

+1 for that. It would enable simple Runecrafting pouch tracking so that you don't decay them by accident.

#36 2016-06-08 01:16:28

Michael

1. When mining Harmed rune ores the 'porters' alert-er does not work. http://i.imgur.com/vsS093O.jpg That is my screen setup while doing it.

2. When clicking back onto the Runescape Client I've noticed while running the Fishing and Mining software that the AFK warden app Minimizes but doesn't close out. I have to right click alt1>afkwarden>it's back.

#37 2016-06-08 12:59:40

Skillbert
Administrator

The porters alert uses the message in your chat box, so you'll need to set game message to on or filter.

The thing where apps go missing is a very old and annoying bug, it happens a lot more on afkwarden for some reason. Hopefully this will help with fixing it as with my previous attempts to fix the bug it only happened very rarely.

#38 2016-06-08 20:46:09

Michael

Skillbert wrote:

The porters alert uses the message in your chat box, so you'll need to set game message to on or filter.

The thing where apps go missing is a very old and annoying bug, it happens a lot more on afkwarden for some reason. Hopefully this will help with fixing it as with my previous attempts to fix the bug it only happened very rarely.

My game is set to filtered :C & have tried it with public chat, cc,fc hidden so only game messages appear and nothing happens still

#39 2016-06-08 23:46:03

Mizzz Manon

As far as I know, the app also will not detect the message if you have the chat bar selected to type, so you would have to turn the always-on mode off. Something to do with the white border it then has that blocks the app from seeing or detecting it.

#40 2016-06-10 22:05:34

Proulxs

Has anyone been having issues with Alt1 crashing since they started using AFKWarden?
I always keep alt1 running overnight because well yeah I'm lazy. Ever since I started using AFK Warden I often get Alt1 to crash the next morning when I start playing and I've been pinpointing it looks like it crash whenever I leave it running a long time then close the client, reopen the client and when I'll eventually right click. Only once I'll right click in the new client windows on a long time running alt1. (it does stay all night with a warning message saying I'll be lobbied soon big_smile )

I've tried to cause crashs by closing the client and restarting but it's stable. And I can run AFK warden without issue until I right click... but as soon as I right click then it will crash for some obscure reason (probably trying to read something and getting really sad)

Never had this (really small) issue before starting to use AFKWarden.

#41 2016-06-11 09:32:11

Zimplex

Would it be possible to add something to notify me when im in runespan and i'm not siphoning anything?

#42 2016-06-12 12:33:04

Proulxs

@Zimples The runespan siphon speed is perfect since when you don't succeed you still receive xp which mean you could probably set a simple xp alert. When you stop getting xp you would get an alert.

Add a basic alert
Select xpcounter, put on 2 seconds and set for a either rc skill or total (and make sure the one you pick is on your active xp tracker)
Et voilà.

Haven't test the time properly so you might have to set it to higher depending the siphon/false alarm you get.

#43 2016-06-12 18:34:10

Skillbert
Administrator

I tested the runespan thing and it turns out that you don't always get the 1xp drop either. You could try what proulxs suggested, but it won't be perfect.
I don't think it's possible to make a proper alerter for runespan nodes, however the xpcounter should work reasonably.

#44 2016-06-13 15:29:33

xemnes

im not sure if its this app or every app but when i have this open and switch to another window, i can switch back to the rs nxt window, it doesnt focus. spamming the taskbar icon eventually causes rs to open again. this doesnt happen all the time, only sometimes.

#45 2016-06-13 15:31:14

xemnes

an ammendment to my last post considering i cant edit it as a guest hmm can is meant to be cant.

#46 2016-06-13 18:33:15

Mizzz Manon

I have that sometimes too, what helps me is to click on another window I have open, and then on the rs window again.
No idea where it comes from though.

#47 2016-06-14 15:26:55

amm

Zimplex wrote:

Would it be possible to add something to notify me when im in runespan and i'm not siphoning anything?

You can set it to alert you when you have depleted a node or creature. Both have specific chat lines.

#48 2016-06-14 19:43:30

Not Worth

Perhaps add an alarm for "A golden beam shines over one of your items." would be pretty useful for afking certain slayer creatures!

#49 2016-06-15 10:04:03

Skillbert
Administrator

Added it to the list, very busy right now tho so i won't be able to work on it in the next two weeks.

#50 2016-06-18 00:39:03

Austin

Absolutely love the idea of this but for some reason I can not get the chat alert to work at all. http://runeapps.org/i/dncz.png is how I have everything set up. This is the one alert I want the most so please help

Board footer