#1 2015-02-06 16:15:30

Proulxs

Alt-1 apps hidden by the game

Somehow my apps are always showing behind others programs meaning to be able to see them I have to remove anything open and make some room for them to be seen. I use two screen so most of the time I kept the apps on 2nd screen and simply stop my vids for a short time to use the apps. But yesterday the apps magically appeared on top of the game and I was able to hide/show them properly and use them as I did my treasure trails... Stupidly I close the toolkit after my day and today they are back being hidden by everything.

Is there a configuration I am missing or I just had dumb luck yesterday to get the apps working properly with my game client (Chrome inside swiftkit)? Could it be possible to add something to make it "Always on top" or something?

#2 2015-02-06 19:33:53

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Alt-1 apps hidden by the game

All apps are supposed to pin to the Runescape window by default, following it and staying on top of only the Runescape window. If the Runescape window cannot be found or when this function is disabled, apps will instead stay on top of all non topmost windows.
Windows has some weird issues tho and some times it stops respecting these properties at random. I fixed some of the pinning issues with 0.0.5 and no longer get this problem on my own computer.

For now you can turn off pinning for any window by clicking the settings spanner and deselecting "pin to rs". You can also turn it off globally under settings>window settings>allow windows to pin.

#3 2015-02-07 07:30:38

Proulxs

Re: Alt-1 apps hidden by the game

I though pinning was when the app alligned itself perfectly with NIS. This morning the apps are on top, I'll make sure not to close it ever again... that should cover me for at least 3-4 months until next reboot. I'm sure my problem is caused by how chrome get grabbed by my client.

I tried turning pinning off to see if it broke it (I'm masochist/thirsty for knowledge) and it seem to not consider the game as topmost... so idk why it is different most days. Anyway thanks for the reply

Board footer