#151 2016-11-09 17:20:59

rozijn

Re: [installed] AfkScape App

Skillbert wrote:

It can't detect the game when you minimise it as all rendering will stop. You can switch to a different window tho and have it layer above rs.

but that's exactly what he does on my desktop, for some reason it keeps rendering and I get the sound notifications when playing something else/ working for uni

#152 2016-11-09 17:31:10

Skillbert
Administrator

The sound triggering is basically because the app just sees a black screen when rs is minimized. You can stop the alerts temporarily using the pause buttons in the alerters.

#153 2016-11-24 03:39:54

Jackie

Is there any way to set a preset that alerts the user when they receive thaler (indicating a minigame is ending) this would be very useful. Chat settings seem to not work for me, or I just can't get those settings to work out. Lots of people afk minigames, so this would be a useful preset.

#154 2016-11-24 10:38:57

Skillbert
Administrator

That should be possible with the chat alerter. You probably didn't add the text color. I'm planning to make the interface simpler and allow you to select from the currently visible chat message.

#155 2016-12-04 19:03:16

Dazkid33

I'm not sure why, but the app doesn't seem to be reading my chatbox. Can't get porter notification to work at all. Anything special I need to do with it?

#156 2016-12-04 19:48:01

Dazkid33

Dazkid33 wrote:

I'm not sure why, but the app doesn't seem to be reading my chatbox. Can't get porter notification to work at all. Anything special I need to do with it?

An addendum. My item level notification works fine. Any ideas?

#157 2016-12-15 02:40:21

Pichila66

Hi! First of all, thanks for the afkwarden, it's one of the bests (if not the best) tools that alt1 currently has.
Just a quick suggestion: Can something be added that checks your inventory for items? for example, when i was going for 99 firemaking i wanted something that warned me when my inventory was empty, same could apply for divination or some other things. Thanks!

#158 2016-12-18 23:31:47

unkonw

i use 3 accounts at the same time i try to get the afk app to work on each account and it dose not work that way it would be very handy and cool if you can find a way to let the app run on diffent accounts that run the same game o ya can you plz plz make a app the show item names on ground i do like what you have dune so fair keep up the good work ty for makeing ALT1

#159 2016-12-18 23:59:42

unkonw

unkonw wrote:

i use 3 accounts at the same time i try to get the afk app to work on each account and it dose not work that way it would be very handy and cool if you can find a way to let the app run on diffent accounts that run the same game o ya can you plz plz make a app the show item names on ground i do like what you have dune so fair keep up the good work ty for makeing ALT1

i find away around it to make it work on 3 accounts you need to run 3 ALT1 one for each rs account but the bad thing is it now use a dam lot of memory in task manger cpu is ok but the memory is high can you look it to this ty agine

#160 2016-12-20 07:06:24

Bhrandon

I think one timer I would add is an ultimate timer. When you're afking, at muspahs for example, it'd be cool to have the bell ring whenever Sunshine is off cool down.

#161 2016-12-21 11:45:45

Thunderkill

Hey you should add a inventory alert, like when inventory is about to fill up or if certain item exists/does not exist.

It wouldn't be hard to a skillful coder like you, would just take time

#162 2016-12-24 08:32:42

Thunderkill

Also, you have to add level checker. I want to check when my mining falls below 89 when using dwarven stouts at seren stones.

Love you

(Couldn't edit earlier post since using guest posting)

#163 2016-12-24 13:15:29

Skillbert
Administrator

The inventory alert is something i did start for the original release, but it was quite unreliable. Maybe in the future i'll finish it.
The level checker is an interesting idea and wouldn't be to hard. You should also be able to do it with the standard mining preset i think as it will alert you whenever you stop mining and thus when your level falls to low.

#164 2016-12-26 17:33:02

Solidus

Having the same issue with chatbox as others.... found that even with the timestamp colors added, it still doesn't correctly detect.  Had to disable timestamps to make it register properly.

Noticed that with legacy mode, the chat alerts were straight crossed out, so perhaps rs3 interface mode is required?

#165 2016-12-26 17:44:59

Solidus

After working through those few quirks though, works great.  Thanks for your contribution.

#166 2016-12-27 03:40:55

Bart

Add an inventory tracker that checks how much empty spaces are in your inventory? Could be an extra addition for things like mining, so you can get an earlier notification that you should do something

#167 2016-12-27 22:06:24

Solid Born

See bottom for short explanation:

Okay so after looking through the development forum section and talking with Redstormi, I thought of an idea best suited not only for me but other users. While bossing I tend to use the HP and Prayer alerts and they work well however the tooltip sometimes slips my eye and this kind of defeats the purpose. Thinking of a solution to this problem I decided that the text overlay function that that VoS app utilizes would be a good idea. Furthermore, sub-features to this would not hurt to add for a more user-friendly experience. Some of which can include % of which the hp/prayer/etc hits, text color, pre-loaded text positions(default, top left, top right, center of screen), text size, and duration for which text will display(with an option of forever)

Short explation:
Alongside the tooltip, make an option for text overlay like the VoS app by Redstormi. Sub-features may include:
% of which the hp/prayer/etc hits
text color
pre-loaded text positions(default, top left, top right, center of screen)
text size
duration for which text will display(with an option of forever)

#168 2016-12-28 20:55:10

Batman

Dazkid33 wrote:

The porter alert is currently incorrectly set in AFK warden, in order to get it to work you need to modify the words to have capitalization to match the way Jagex does it

#169 2016-12-31 07:05:55

Darkness

Not really sure how the castle wars preset works but it seems to be broken.

I've got a few suggestion to make it usable (Because right now it seems that it does nothing.)

First, in order to be accurate the timer can be calibrated.  (For example if the game shows 5 mins left and then goes to 4 mins, immediately when it hits 4 minutes it will start counting)

Once calibrated the timer runs and will assume that there will be continuous games running (One game every 23 minutes, which is true during spotlight). Should this not happen, the timer can be calibrated again.

Based on the timer and the interface it can notify the following.

* One minute left till the game ends and you are not logged in. (To avoid losing gold tickets)
* One minute left till the game starts and you are not inside the waiting area. (To avoid missing games)

At any time it can also notify if you have less than 1 minute left to leave the respawn area. (To avoid getting booted)

Perhaps this can be turned into a standalone app.

#170 2016-12-31 12:44:54

Skillbert
Administrator

Whoops, seems like i copy pasted a bit to much for the castle wars alerter. It thought it was an action bar alerter when you reload the app. Fixed now.

The logic for the castle wars timer goes something like the following:

• Not in game or lobby - after end of game? Always trigger.

• In lobby? Never trigger, count down last 3 min in the progress bar

• In respawn room? trigger if less than 1 min left, only show red bar if more than 1 min.

• In game and not in respawn? never trigger, count down last 3 min in progress bar.

It doesn't support the thing where you let yourself lobby currently.

#171 2016-12-31 20:37:31

Fox

Having an issue with chat alerts.  When I try to make a new chat alert there are no options in the menu and I when i click to edit my previously made chat alert nothing happens.  All of the other alert types work fine.  Any ideas?  Been using afkwarden with no problems for the last 2 months up until now.

#172 2017-01-01 05:09:54

Guinea Ports

Yet another user having trouble with chat box not registering.  I'm trying to use harp chat and it does nothing.  (Lobby timer working fine.)  Also nothing happens when I click on the "settings" button under harp chat.  I tried adding a basic "chat" alert individually and that doesn't seem to load at all. hmm  I love the app... just having problems with it tonight. 

Happy New Year!

#173 2017-01-01 19:15:14

Gren

Yeah like guinea ports said,  seems that chat alerts are broken. Loading the harps preset, the harp one does nothing, I cannot check the settings on it (nothing pops up when I click the settings button on the Harp chat one), and if I try to add a  custom chat alert it doesn't add anything

#174 2017-01-01 19:45:40

Skillbert
Administrator

It should be fixed now, i accidentally uploaded a new feature that wasn't ready yet.

#175 2017-01-01 21:04:45

Gren

I  can load up chat alerts now and edit them, but the harp one still doesnt seem to be working (it worked for me fine 2 days ago)

Board footer