#1 2017-02-25 15:14:37

Mioccho

Celtic Knot Detection

I've had an intermittent issue where certain celtic knot puzzles aren't detectable, either through Alt1 or via the webapp at runeapps.org/ttsolver.

Example;
http://imgur.com/a/to4Tm
This pair of images is the normal+inverse version of the same knot.
For this particular image, both Alt1 and the webapp ask for the image to be flipped, even after being shown both sides of the puzzle.

Detection often fails in other ways, such as giving wrong solutions, or the webapp saying it's "Failed to find puzzle elements".

I've been able to overcome these errors by repeatedly rotating bits of the knot and retrying until either Alt1 or the webapp picks it up, or by lobbying and trying again.

I have had no other issues at all with Alt1's screen detection, only this particular issue with celtic knots.

I'll post more data if it's needed and when I'm able to.

#2 2017-02-25 16:26:10

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Celtic Knot Detection

Those two screenshots are working for me.
lSiZht1.png
You might have to right-click>reload the app to reset it if something goes wrong or your graphics settings are changed.

#3 2017-02-26 06:39:16

Mioccho

Strange, it also works for me now as well. I was quite sure it wasn't working when I uploaded those screencaps.

I'll remember the tip about reloading the app, and will post again later to let you know how things are going.

#4 2017-03-03 07:52:13

Mioccho

Update;

http://imgur.com/a/M0Qhi
These scan correctly only when the second image is uploaded first. Uploading the first image first will jam the clue solver in the "Move your mouse over Invert Paths" state until the page is reloaded.

This behaviour seems completely consistent and non-random between reloads, and occurs on both http://runeapps.org/ttsolver and on Alt1.

#5 2017-03-22 14:12:47

Mioccho

Today I've tried to upload another image that failed after 3-4 consecutive reloads, only to have it start working when I checked the exact same image 5 minutes later. I've also revisited the knot from my previous post, which works now, although it most definitely didn't when I uploaded it.

I guess there's probably something odd about my machine, as nobody else seems to have experienced this issue ever. That or I've gone mad, which is probably more likely than I like to think it is wink

#6 2017-04-28 19:29:25

Frank

Pasting NXT screenshots in the web app isn't working. They load in as usual but i get "failed to find puzzle elements" after processing. I've been having trouble with it since Jagex added the thick rings on the intersections. In the past I was able to change graphic settings around and get it to work, sometimes textures on, sometimes off, but now no setting work. I've tried with multiple puzzles and waiting 5-10 min and trying as suggested earlier here.

http://imgur.com/a/UPqGl
My most recent screenshots, cropped down to keep myself anonymous. Windows auto saves them for me so I still have them. Reran them all through the solver today before and after cropping and all still failed.

#7 2017-04-30 23:48:42

Skillbert
Administrator

I don't get it, these images all work to me. It's the same with a lot of the images i get from the automated system. Your runescape graphics also shouldn't matter, especially not for the finding part. I did rigorous testing with all possible settings when i made this, graphics settings don't actually affect any of the pixels it uses to find the puzzle.

The puzzle of your first screenshot solved:
9A1ZuVB.png

I think some sort of browser setting is seeping into my code somewhere. I had some really annoying problems with this before.

#8 2017-04-30 23:59:36

Skillbert
Administrator

There is a recent chrome update that might be related to this. Does it work on other browsers?

#9 2017-05-09 09:47:39

Frank

I don't know why I didn't think to try different browsers. I use Firefox. I just tried them in chrome and they work, but still not in firefox. I know I'm in the minority as a firefox user so I'll just start using chrome when I have a knot, too much work fixing it for just one user.

#10 2017-05-09 09:57:55

Frank

I found the issue. It's ad blockers. Both uBlock origin and adblock plus break it. I disable it, reload, and the solver works. Reenable it, hard refresh, and the solver stops working. Same story with both blockers i mentioned, probably others aswell. I bet the other people having trouble are also using some form of ad blocker. Welcome to my whitelist.

Board footer