#1 2017-03-28 01:07:12

Shadowferix

Runescape is extremely laggy when I have an alt 1 app running

Hello!

I've used alt 1 for quite a long time for clue scrolls, thieving, and the lobby timer and recently I've started having immense lag while using it. If it's running in the background with no app open there is no lag but as soon as I open afkwarden or clue solver I have unbearable lag. I've tried everything I can think of and wasn't able to fix it myself. What can I provide to someone here to assist me in fixing this?

#2 2017-03-28 09:49:31

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Runescape is extremely laggy when I have an alt 1 app running

When using afkwarden make sure you don't leave any alerters in the searching state (they are stroked through).
It is also worth checking in the Alt1 capture setting if it switched to desktop capture instead of directx or opengl.

#3 2017-03-28 17:00:36

Shadowferix

Thanks for the reply Skillbert!

Afkwarden will make me lag whether there is 5 alerters or 1 alerter so I think it is something with alt 1 as a whole vs that specific app.

I recorded a video of myself doing two steps of a clue. The first step is without alt 1 active and the second step is with alt 1 running with the clue solver app open. I'm not sure how well you can notice the lag in the video but maybe it can give some insight into my problem.

https://youtu.be/G7S_iQIoI9E

#4 2017-03-28 19:29:58

Skillbert
Administrator

I tried a couple of different things like forcing different parts of alt1 to crash but i can't find any way for this to affect the fps of rs. Judging from your video it also doesn't look like the lag spikes are happening when Alt1 is capturing the screen. I expected to lose a couple of fps when opening multiple apps, but actually don't see any change after 8 apps.

I think there is either a conflict with another program you have installed or a problem with your .NET or Alt1 installation.

• When the video freezes for like 2 sec in youtube, did rs also completely freeze for you? It doesn't seem like the RS client itself noticed as the fps didn't change.

• Did your mouse actually freeze as well there?

• You seem to go from ~80 to about ~50 with the app open. Do you get the fps back after closing the app, but leaving Alt1 open?

#5 2017-03-28 20:03:34

Shadowferix

Skillbert,

I'm still able to move my mouse freely but the entire rs client will freeze. I noticed that the fps didn't change very much.

Sitting idle in the game and running around a bit gives me between 170-220 FPS without Alt 1 running at all. When alt 1 is running with no apps/apps open my FPS remains unchanged but the client occasionally freezes.

Where should I look next regarding potential apps I've installed that may cause this issue? Also how can I make sure my alt 1 installation or .NET are not the issue? (I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling alt 1 and have seen no improvements.

#6 2017-03-28 20:32:05

Skillbert
Administrator

Do you get the lost fps back after closing the app but leaving Alt1 open?
- If you do get the fps back it probably means some weird problem with the built in browser.
- If you only get the lost fps back after closing Alt1 or restarting rs it is probably a conflict with Alt1 and another capture/overlay program you have. In that case there should be no lag if you switch to desktop capture, turn off the automatic capture mode detection checkbox and restart rs. However desktop capture sucks for other reasons.

#7 2017-03-28 21:09:42

Shadowferix

Switching to desktop capture fixed the problem. I'm no longer having my client freeze randomly.

The FPS wasn't dropping according to the game it was just constantly freezing.

I tried switching to desktop capture before to fix it but I only restarted alt 1 not the client and it remained laggy. Restarting both alt 1 and the client makes it run how it used to. I can't minimize rs anymore though when doing afk skills so that's a bit upsetting because it was something I used to do quite often.

This problem started about a week or so for me. The only thing I've changed on my computer since then is the fact that I am playing osrs on osbuddy quite a bit. At first I thought osbuddy was lagging my rs3 client but it wasn't. Is it possible an update came out from you or runescape recently that "broke" it for me? I'd really like to use opengl capture again so I can minimize the client if possible.

Board footer