#1 2017-04-05 00:22:08

Robmanx

Tool Kit Pauses Screen When Hovering Over Mob/Items/People

Not sure if this is an issue or a feature.

If feature, can it be turned off?

#2 2017-04-05 09:22:15

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Tool Kit Pauses Screen When Hovering Over Mob/Items/People

This is definitely not an Alt1 feature. Are you sure it only happens when Atl1 is running?

#3 2017-04-08 21:56:42

Robmanx

Yes. It only happens when Alt1 is running.

Eventually I get major lagg and the screen freezes. I can usually run the game on high settings.

I did a video showing you what it does. I have game on medium settings in the video. Whenever I hover over the clan portal, the game freezes. It only happens after I open something in the tool kit. (the black screen is also from the tool kit making game lag)

https://streamable.com/xfpod

edit:

So I turned off the OpenGL Capture and unticked "Automatically toggle mode if a better mode is detected" and it is working fine now.

Last edited by Robmanx (2017-04-08 23:35:23)

#4 2017-04-10 13:29:59

Skillbert
Administrator

The only thing i can think of is some conflict with a different capture/overlay program. I will investigate if i get some time to work on alt1 again.

#5 2017-05-04 20:12:03

3zooz

yup i had same issue, tried what he said, and it worked, thanks dude tongue
Just to add tho, i changed from directx to desktop capture, the problem seems to be in that area of the app,

#6 2017-05-10 16:00:29

Happie

Same issue here, worked fine yesterday, when i started my pc today it does exactly what has been described (using a different capture mode didnt work for me)

#7 2017-05-10 17:24:33

Skillbert
Administrator

This can't be alt1 if you're not using any of the opengl related features (opengl capture, fps counter on toolbar or fps limiter). I saw on the runescape website that some other overlay/capture program was causing similar issues, i can't find it anymore tho.

#8 2017-05-11 15:30:57

Happie

Skillbert wrote:

This can't be alt1 if you're not using any of the opengl related features (opengl capture, fps counter on toolbar or fps limiter). I saw on the runescape website that some other overlay/capture program was causing similar issues, i can't find it anymore tho.

I mean you say that but the fact still remains is that it ONLY occours while the alt1 toolkit is running, whenever you hover over something, trees, doors, npcs, you name it. It causes the screen to freeze until you move your mouse over a surface that doesn't give a click option (such as the ground).

And as soon as you turn off the alt1 toolkit, everything works just like it should, you can hover over the objects you couldn't before without the screen freezing.

#9 2017-05-11 15:32:48

Happie

Also thought I'd mention that even the antivirus software started saying that the alt1 application is acting strangly. (Avast, not the best but does the job when it needs to)

So idk, but there's type of error somewhere

#10 2017-05-24 12:35:41

Stepcore

Having this same problem from today. Switching capture modes didn't help. Turning off gyazo and Nvidia shadowplay didn't help (only other capture software I have). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling which didn't help. I also tried rebooting my computer which also didn't help. I did update my graphics drivers yesterday but it worked fine even after that all day. It started when I booted up my computer today.
It only happens when Alt1 is running.
Another thing. If I hover over something when I start Alt1, then the screen freezes when I move the cursor away from something that has a click option instead of the usual. Basically the conditions for the screen freezing are the opposite.

#11 2017-05-29 23:58:58

Tristin

I had this issue start today after installing the most recent windows 10 upgrade to creators update. RS freezes and lags a lot when alt1 is active, but works fine when i close alt1. I am using the NXT client.

#12 2017-05-30 08:25:07

Skillbert
Administrator

I'm starting to think it's related to custom cursors instead of opengl capture. Does the problem still happen when you disable them in the rs graphics settings and restart your rs client? What happen when you disable "Show Alt1 toolbar" and disable "Allow apps to pin to the Runescape window"? Both of these toggles are in the "window settings" tab of the Alt1 settings.

#13 2017-06-30 16:32:51

nhaze

I fixed this issue by changing the linked window drop down (capture tab) to none. It seems to be a problem with alt 1 trying unsuccessfully to find and link to the RS window.

#14 2017-06-30 16:57:30

Skillbert
Administrator

I'm currently thinking it is related to custom cursors in rs in combination with Alt1 pinning on to it. On my computer there is some weird behavior where custom rs cursors appear on alt1 apps. This happens whenever runescape wants the cursor sprite to change and your cursor is on an app. Maybe on some other hard/drivers this could cause the screen to freeze. This fits the bill of the descriptions of the bug in this thread so far, it happens whenever your cursor changes, it is not capture related and it only happens when Alt1 is linked to rs. Screen capture and window pinning is the only real outside the box stuff that Alt1 does code wise.
Could you please help me confirm that this is the cause? If this is the cause it should no longer happen when turn custom cursors off in the graphics settings of rs (https://i.imgur.com/iHpQp0J.png). It should also no longer happen when you turn the Alt1 toolbar off and have no apps open (https://i.imgur.com/xMPSEjs.png).

#15 2017-11-19 22:33:40

boxing Odric

I disabled custom cursors in my runescape graphics settings and that has resolved the issue completely. I've tried several different combinations of window settings in alt 1 after unticking custom cursors, and nothing seems to bring back the fps issue, so I'm 99% certain it was just custom cursors causing the problem.

Board footer