#1 2014-12-30 20:38:31

Skillbert
Administrator

Read this before posting about a bug

You can create a thread or post about issues or bugs in any of the apps or alt1. Keep in mind that what you post here is visible for anyone that browses the forums. You can submit a bug report here if you want to report a security related bug or any other confidential report.

Image detection problem?
If you have an issue related to image detection, please include a screenshot of the interface that couldn't be detected properly. Make sure all the edges of the interface are visible as some apps locate the interface by its edges. You can upload a screenshot here or by using other software such as push. If you use different software to upload the screenshot, please make sure the image is compressed as png, jpeg images are distorted and useless for image detection.

Thanks for taking the time to help improve Runeapps. I will try to reply to every post as soon as possible.

#2 2015-01-03 02:22:19

Keith

Re: Read this before posting about a bug

I'm unable to install the Alet1 toolkit. After downloading from the web installer, it attempt to launch Runeapps.alt1 and gives a generic Windows "application has stopped working" message. I'm on Windows 8 x64 and .net 4.0 already comes loaded  with the OS. I've tried running as admin, clearing temp directory, and can't get past this point.

I've also tried another machine, Macbook Air mid 2010 boot camped in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with the same issue. Any ideas?

#3 2015-01-03 02:43:56

Skillbert
Administrator

I can't test it but i remember a similar issue when the c++ redistributable isn't present. You can install it here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download … x?id=30679.
Please tell me if it works, i'll update the app in that case.

#4 2015-01-03 03:53:24

Keith

This did not work unfortunately. Same issue.

If it helps, here's the windows error details

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Runeapps.Alt1.exe
  Application Version:    37.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    54a6d692
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.3.9600.16656
  Fault Module Timestamp:    531812f4
  Exception Code:    e0434352
  Exception Offset:    00012c1a
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    5861
  Additional Information 2:    5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
  Additional Information 3:    dba6
  Additional Information 4:    dba6f3f51243e7af8337f6bced10f1a2

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

#5 2015-01-03 04:45:10

Scott M

I am also having this problem. I'm on windows vista

#6 2015-01-05 02:18:40

ihaxalles

I'm having the same issue too. Just found out about this today and wanted to try it out.
Application: Runeapps.Alt1.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Stack:
   at Runeapps.Alt1.Program.Main()

#7 2016-01-20 02:36:24

oSnap

#8 2016-04-16 19:08:01

Squidward

#9 2016-04-21 10:13:41

Gary

when I try to install alt 1 with Runescape NXT, I get an "Installation Failed" message. The following is where the message is located.

http://runeapps.org/i/c5xk.png

The message reads as follows

INSTALLATION HAS FAILED
There was an error while loading the application.
Check the setup log for more information and
contact the author.

When I check the setup log the page is filled with programmer info that is really beyond me to even try to read.

Please help, I need my alt 1.

Thank You

#10 2016-05-07 20:34:18

Austin

using the nxt client, loading clue solver doesn't detect any type of clue when 'read' on screen?

#11 2016-05-07 21:20:33

Skillbert
Administrator

Are you using the latest version of Alt1 (1.3.2)? You can see this under settings>other.

The "capture" tab in the settings might have a clue of what's going wrong. The nxt client requires OpenGL capture mode on most computers.

#12 2016-07-06 16:49:14

JJ

Failed to find puzzle and on NXT openGL

https://gyazo.com/ca1a245152cc9891d0de861c08ff52e0

#13 2016-07-06 18:04:31

Skillbert
Administrator

I can't confirm this with just this image, but this is usually caused by having post processing anti-aliasing blurring enabled in your graphics card settings. If that's the case you can fix it by settings FXAA to "let application decide" in the nvidia control panel. More info in this thread http://runeapps.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=294

#14 2016-10-21 18:50:39

orbz

Whenever I run Alt1 with NXT my rs client will just freeze but cursors etc will change, it makes alt1 unusable for me.

#15 2017-05-09 20:17:11

gpc

I download the alt1 app then run the install and it says successfully installed and then these 2 messages show up.

Let me know what I can do to solve these issues. I have windows 10.

http://imgur.com/53qprGZ
http://imgur.com/fgLYiPQ

#16 2017-05-09 20:50:51

Skillbert
Administrator

I haven't seen that before. I don't think the file is used when you have the newest .NET framework (4.7) installed and visual c++ redistributable 2015. Some of these should already be installed on windows 10.

#17 2017-05-19 02:51:55

hugs-angel

trying to use alt one but   its givng me  the wrong directions on the slide puzzle like  it says go up when everyting is all the way up or go right when  I'm as faR RIGHT as I can go

#18 2017-05-24 22:23:24

Issaig

After an update on the Windows 10 yesterday, Alt 1 doesn't work anymore. Everytime I try to open any of it's features, it crashes with this report:

Alt1 error report
Version: 1.4.3
Invalid window handle
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetWindowText(HandleRef hWnd, StringBuilder lpString, Int32 nMaxCount)

at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.WindowAutomationPeer.GetNameCore()

at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.UpdateSubtree()

at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.fireAutomationEvents()

at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()

at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg)

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.InvokeOnRenderCallback.DoWork()

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)

at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at Runeapps.Alt1.Program.Main(String[] args)

#19 2017-06-15 04:00:38

Creepiepie

After the latest windows update, unfortunetly desktop capture stopped working for me.
Running 2560x1440 100%scaling.
Java client works great though. Just not a fan of switching client for clues.

#20 2017-06-15 04:08:26

Skillbert
Administrator

Try opengl capture in the capture settings of Alt1.

#21 2017-06-15 14:48:09

Creepiepie

yeah opengl works good. But not for NXT. So im stuck using the java client.

#22 2017-06-16 23:57:57

Daniela

ALT1 has stopped working, keeps crashing.
I do as much as resize my client and this message appears:
ALT1 error message on crash

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall.. no clue as what to do.

(Image text, incase link no work.)

ALT1 error report
Version: 1.4.3
UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE (Exception
from HRESULT: 0x88980406)
  at
Syste.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRend
er()
  at System.Window.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize
()

(End of image text)

#23 2017-06-17 10:08:25

Skillbert
Administrator

Seems like a graphics driver problem or a memory problem.
So i would recommend updating your graphics card driver.

The problem seems to be happening in the toolbar, if updating your drivers doesn't work you can turn of the Alt1 toolbar completely in the Alt1 settings in the "window settings" tab. You will only be able to access Alt1 in the system tray on the top right of your screen then.

There is a more technical description of the error here.

#24 2017-06-20 22:59:18

Daniela

Skillbert wrote:

Seems like a graphics driver problem or a memory problem.
So i would recommend updating your graphics card driver.

The problem seems to be happening in the toolbar, if updating your drivers doesn't work you can turn of the Alt1 toolbar completely in the Alt1 settings in the "window settings" tab. You will only be able to access Alt1 in the system tray on the top right of your screen then.

There is a more technical description of the error here.

Thanks for the response.
I did try updating driver but it's already the latest version.
Am not sure what half the thing says on link shared s:

Have yet to try what you mentioned about turning off ALT1 somewhere.
Not sure about it but will have a look when feeling more certain about it.

#25 2017-08-18 19:10:20

Junior

Hi, I'm in trouble, the alt1 is on white screen when I try to use it. I am using windows 10. when i used windows 7 i did not have this problem, it only presents this problem in windows 10. how can i solve this?

Board footer