#1 2015-08-30 15:12:11

Arckange

Non English game clients compatibility

Hi,

First of all thank you very much for all these amazing apps. I use them quite often now (especially the clue puzzle solver), but I'm also mainly using the French game client and a lot of things aren't recognized by the Alt + 1 hotkey. I guess it is normal because many apps are configured with English word/pictures. So, just to know is it technicaly possible to make some apps compatibles with other languages ?

Keep up the good work smile
Arckange

Last edited by Arckange (2015-08-30 15:19:43)

#2 2015-08-30 16:10:17

Nadya

Re: Non English game clients compatibility

Without knowing exactly how Skillbert coded Alt1, I can give you a tentative "yes".

Given a variable such as "lang" with an array [EN, FR, DE, BP] the user could select their language. Depending on what language is selected would allow Alt1 to use different images for text-matching.

This is without knowing exactly how Skillbert is doing text matching, etc. But I imagine if enough images/text (ie: Meg's text) was provided, it would be able to be added.

I"m not sure how much effort it is to add either, but I'd wager towards "a bit much for how few people benefit".

#3 2015-08-30 19:35:38

Skillbert
Administrator

It would be a ton of work and Nadya said there wouldn't be many people that benefit from it if i look at the foreign world player counts.
There are about 30 different phrases that are recognized to look up players and items. The clue solver recognizes 256 different text clues, and about 50 teleports, the meg solver also recognizes 510 answers.
It would be impossible for me to release a proper toggle for this. I am looking however to make it a little more compatible in some cases where there are no large amounts of text involved.

#4 2015-08-30 20:55:23

Arckange

Ok, thank you for your replies Nadya & Skillbert. As I thought it would be a lot of work...
Anyway, doing clue scrolls (even with "partial" apps) have never been so pleasant thanks to you. wink
And if you ever consider to deal with other languages and if I can help, let me know.

Last edited by Arckange (2015-08-30 20:55:39)

Board footer