#1 2015-10-22 20:05:59

Breakout

None of the apps work

The only time I got any app to work is when I went into safe mode in the graphics settings and I have not been able to reproduce those results as it only lasted a couple minutes, twice.

Xptracker only searches regardless of any settings in game or in app settings.

Player look up does nothing, no pop-up of stats.

Wiki works, Youtube, and anything else not "reading the screen"

Color grabber works with Alt+1.

Meg app shows no chat options.

Pretty much everything that is wanting to read the screen is saying nothing is there. The debug pixel picker is picking up and showing for the red squares when pressing Alt+1 and red boxes around all numbers for xptracker.

I am running Windows 7 and English defaults and tried on multiple different servers.

I've cleaned cache and reinstalled several times of both the rs client and the runeapps client.

Possible Issues, I am running a non "genuine" copy of Windows 7, possible permissions issues somewhere though I have everything running as administrator.

#2 2015-10-22 20:23:09

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: None of the apps work

Have you tried compatibility mode under settings>other? You have to make sure you're not using any program's (like flux) that change your display in that mode tho.

#3 2015-10-22 20:32:42

Breakout

I've tried all settings with compatibility and without. Also I have nothing changing my display. Is it possible that Nvidia GeForce Experience settings can affect the display in way that would cause problems?

#4 2015-10-22 23:14:44

Skillbert
Administrator

It should use the exact same pixels as visible on your screen in compat mode. If you open the built-in browser and go to this page: http://runeapps.org/apps/alt1/example/ and add the app, you can see what the apps see when they try to view the screen.

I might also be able to find out whats wrong if you post a screenshot of the game by pressing alt+2.

#5 2015-10-23 12:52:25

Breakout

#6 2015-10-23 16:03:35

Skillbert
Administrator

You interfaces are all blurred somehow, here is a screenshot for comparison.
bbvt.png
The top one is yours and the bottom is how the icon and font should look.
You can probably fix this in your graphics card settings, you might have it set to override anti-aliasing. Make sure that those settings are set to "let the application decide".
If that doesn't work you can try updating your graphics drivers.

#7 2015-10-23 19:13:53

Breakout

I disabled every graphic option in my Geforce menu, either off for options or application only where applicable. Turned off AA on rs then turned it back on, now Xpmeter is reading. I think the graphics settings in my Geforce menu softened everything too much like you've just shown.

Alt+1 is now bringing up character stats.
Meg is now working.

All seems to be in order now that the graphics settings on direct end have been changed. You should throw this into the FAQ that it may cause reading issues.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: This also explains why it was only working in safe mode - no AA and FXAA or anything was blurring text.

Edit 2: The problem appears to be FXAA and Gamma Correction in the Geforce control panel. All other settings including AA seem to not affect it.

Last edited by Breakout (2015-10-23 19:56:19)

Board footer