#1 2015-10-29 19:27:52

Skillbert
Administrator

Alt1 Toolkit 1.2 Beta!

This update brings some big changes which i would like to put in a beta before pushing the update.
The biggest change is the new installer which is less prune to errors and gives me more flexibility with the updates and allows the updates to be several kB instead of 50MB. The update also bring support for multiple runescape clients by allowing multiple instances of alt1 to run at the same time and work together. This update also changes the way compat mode works and shows a lot more info about image capture and the different modes.

The beta release will first install using the old installer to simulate current installations. It will then automatically install the new version and after that automatically uninstall the old one again. This sequence will be done for everyone when the update comes out, so is also tested in the beta. Please report any problems that might happen in this thread.

Download Alt1 Toolkit 1.2.0 Beta

This is the changelog so far, the server sided updates have not been uploaded yet so wont be in the toolkit yet.
Features

• Changed the installer to a complete different system.

• Added a new tab in the settings interface to select a screen capture mode. This tab explains what the modes are and will test if they are working. compatibility mode has been changed to desktop capture mode. (The 1.1 default mode is now called DirectX capture.)

• Fixed Alt1 interface presets, you can now also load Alt1 presets by Alt1ing a loadout name in the in-game dropdown.

• Alt1 no supports multiple runescape clients by running multiple instances of alt1. Every instance of Alt1 pins onto a different client. Hotkey presses are communicated to be handled by the right instance of Alt1. This is still slightly experimental so please report any bugs on the forums.

• Added the option to lock alt+3 window clones so you can click them to activate the targeted window without dragging the clone.

• You can now open qfc's to the official runescape forum by alt1-ing a qfc, eg: 16-17-348-65666814

• Added a hotkey that toggles between your last active window and runescape. It it bound to alt+4 by default, however I recommend rebinding it to ` (the keys next to 1 on your keyboard). You can use this as a single key alternative to alt+tab, which always toggles to rs.

• Added a hotkey to toggle the topmost option for the current active window. This hotkey is not bound by default to prevent confusion. Topmost windows are always visible above other non-topmost windows, even if they are not active.

• Added proper pop-up support. This makes it easier to put menu's in pop-ups.

• The xpmeter now tracks all counters separately, you can now also open a dropdown to select a counter by clicking the big xp rate number.

• The xpmeter now has a slightly less annoying sound and a toggle to loop it.

Changes

• Changed compatibility mode to desktop capture mode. It is no longer supported to use capture apps without rs being linked.

• Added detection if the installation is complete. This will at least tell you if AVG messed with Alt1.

Patches

• Added detection and a fallback for when pinned window pin behind their target window.

• Prevented hover text on the trayicon from being longer than 63 characters, this used to cause a crash when uploading an image in compat mode without rs being linked.

• Fixed a bug where the [x] on apps disappeared in different dpi settings.

• Optimized rightclick menu detection.

• Fixed a bug with apps scanning the whole screen in compat mode.

• Fixed a crash when closing the recent upload browse window while an image was loading.

• Fixed the xpmeter in some? languages

• The browser will now correctly shut down if Alt1 crashes.

• Fixed the text search area when pressing alt+1, it was slightly offset and alt1ing the upper half of a string didn't work.

• Pressing alt1 over a player in the wilderness now works with the (level: 126+12) notation.

Other

• Right-clicking to open dev tools now focusses the clicked element.

• Compass clues and scans no longer rely on user submissions for displaying coordinates.

To do for release

• Add installation progress screen for the new installer. It currently installs the new installer for 2-20 sec after the old installer.

• Fix a zoom issue in apps where the dpi settings was applied twice, resulting in way to large interfaces.

• Message system to notify users about app updates (without the toolkit updating) ans new app releases.

• Get flash player to work with the new chromium version (from 39 to 43, napi depricated)

#2 2015-11-11 10:31:35

Mizzz Manon

Re: Alt1 Toolkit 1.2 Beta!

It seems I cannot download it and install it on multiple computers. It will tell me that I cannot start Alt1 Toolkit pre becouse it has already been started from another location. Is there any way to remove this limitation? I have tried to download it again but it keeps insisting that it's already installed.

#3 2015-11-11 12:30:43

Skillbert
Administrator

If you installed the previous beta (from version 1.0) it is probably conflicting with that one.
It should work if uninstall all current version of Alt1 from your computer.

#4 2015-11-11 13:10:35

Mizzz Manon

I had not previously installed a beta. Only the previous released version(1.1.2) but as I enjoy using the program for clues and dungeoneering I figured I'd help out by testing the beta.
I will uninstall the version I have on this computer now and then try to install the beta and let you know how it goes.

#5 2015-11-11 13:39:55

Mizzz Manon

I have uninstalled the toolkit I had and did the installation of the beta and that worked. Apparently it will not install if you already have a version of the toolkit installed. Like I said this is the first time I'm using a beta of the toolkit so you might want to look into that if you want it to uninstall the previous version.

Also, the clue solver now works when I click on unlock any(it wouldnt before on my elite clue and I tried the celtic knot and slide puzzle) but it still wont detect that I have a compass clue with the arrow window open and say that it couldn't find any clue or puzzle on my screen.

#6 2015-11-12 08:23:30

Skillbert
Administrator

The compass clue works slightly differently. You should check the map tab and click the compass image on the left.

#7 2015-11-12 13:12:39

Mizzz Manon

Yes I know where to find it and how to use it in the clue solver, just thought it would be usefull if I could click on solve any and it would take me there automatically smile

#8 2015-11-12 14:07:24

Skillbert
Administrator

It goes there automatically if you alt1 a teleport, however this is one of these things you just have to know. I didn't add it originally as it would have to scan your screen to search for the compass and it would add extra time every time you add the unlock button. This isn't that much of a problem anymore with the new code i use.

#9 2015-11-12 14:51:50

Mizzz Manon

Ah ok I did not know that, I'll do it that way next time smile
Unless you want to add it to the beta so that can be tested?

#10 2015-11-15 12:55:46

trylledej

Great update, works perfect for me, I especially like the alt+4 feature. I do however seem to be unable to find these features:

Skillbert wrote:
  • The xpmeter now tracks all counters separately, you can now also open a dropdown to select a counter by clicking the big xp rate number.

• The xpmeter now has a slightly less annoying sound and a toggle to loop it.

Last edited by trylledej (2015-11-15 12:56:02)

#11 2015-11-15 14:10:26

Mizzz Manon

in the xp meter click on the gear icon in the top left of the window for the options, you can select the counter you want there.

#12 2015-11-15 16:39:57

trylledej

Mizzz Manon wrote:

in the xp meter click on the gear icon in the top left of the window for the options, you can select the counter you want there.

I can select the counter in the same way i used to no problem, however, clicking on the big xp rate number for the dropdown, and the option to loop the sound seems to be missing. Also it is still the same sound as the alt 1 1.1 version (just checked) which leads me to believe he forgot to implement this specific update to the xp meter app smile

#13 2015-11-15 17:36:44

Mizzz Manon

Could be yes, I have tried to click on the big number and it doesn't give me a drop down menu either.
As for the sound I have no idea, haven't noticed any sounds apart from the no xp gain warning that I never use(unless that's the one he means)

#14 2015-11-15 19:37:39

trylledej

Yeah the sound alert is toggleable which probably is why you haven't noticed. When it first got implemented it was an endlessly repeating horn until you gained xp, however with this update it's supposed to be a less annoying tone and an option to stop it from looping over and over. The mouse alert is smart, but if you are watching a movie/playing a game - which I do most of the time when I'm not looking at my RS window, making the mouse alert kinda obsolete. The endlessly repeating horn didnt make it much better seeing as you can't really watch a movie with that in the background when doing something like mining seren stones, as the next xp drop may well take up to 15 seconds, meaning you have 15 seconds with a loud horn in the background tongue A sound alert which is a little less 'intrusive' is something I've been looking forward to, and I know a few of my friends have too smile

Last edited by trylledej (2015-11-15 19:38:31)

#15 2015-11-16 22:28:48

Journey_Over

Can I get an upload on standalone please?

#16 2015-11-17 08:30:35

Skillbert
Administrator

The point is that standalones should no longer be needed with the new installer. This beta is to test if the installer works.
The current beta installs the old version first to check the updating process for current users. If you were already unable to install the old version you should try the new installer without the update process.

You can install the new version without the test update using this link.
http://runeapps.org/downloads/alt1squirrel/Setup.exe

Please tell me if it works or not, the main reason for this update is for people who couldn't use the installer.

#17 2015-11-17 14:15:04

Journey_Over

Skillbert wrote:

The point is that standalones should no longer be needed with the new installer. This beta is to test if the installer works.
The current beta installs the old version first to check the updating process for current users. If you were already unable to install the old version you should try the new installer without the update process.

You can install the new version without the test update using this link.
http://runeapps.org/downloads/alt1squirrel/Setup.exe

Please tell me if it works or not, the main reason for this update is for people who couldn't use the installer.

Reason I want a standalone is because I like to have the option of where Alt1 is downloaded to, Example being I have Alt1 downloaded into Dropbox so I don't have to keep downloading alt1 every time I want to use it on a different computer or something... Until you either switch up the way the installer goes about installing (let the user choose where to install it) it's good to have standalones as well for people who want portability or to choose where they have alt1 installed..

Last edited by Journey_Over (2015-11-17 14:22:27)

#18 2015-11-17 16:49:48

Mizzz Manon

That's actually a pretty good idea, I also like to choose where I want to install my programs. Could that be added to the installer?

#19 2015-11-17 16:56:11

Skillbert
Administrator

I'll continue to add to the standalone releases when the update goes live. I'm mainly waiting for more test data before the update.

#20 2015-11-17 20:46:55

Mizzz Manon

What data do you need? Maybe I can help getting it for you?

#21 2015-11-17 21:22:53

Skillbert
Administrator

I just need to know that the installer works for everyone, and that antivirus play nice with the new installer. The update will uninstall the toolkit to everyone who uses it right now and i need to be absolutely sure that it works.

#22 2015-11-17 23:00:07

Mizzz Manon

Ah, well I had to disable my Avast antivirus because it insisted on checking the file that was being downloaded during the install for viruses but it took so long that the installer told me it couldn't start it.
Edit: It didn't find any virus though smile but as the installer told me it couldn't start the file, I had to start it again and that caused the antivirus to scan it again xd

Last edited by Mizzz Manon (2015-11-17 23:02:17)

#23 2015-11-22 21:21:01

trylledej

I seem to be having trouble recognising the party interface windows in the dg app with the beta, haven't had the opportunity to test this on the 1.1 version yet, but it seems to be a problem only after updating.

#24 2015-11-24 14:41:51

Gracioso

Hello, how to use the xp getting into other languages game? At the moment it works only in the English world. Thank you

#25 2015-11-24 20:20:41

Skillbert
Administrator

Some languages use a different font which makes it impossible to detect without reworking it. I added support for reading spaces instead of comma's in the xp counter, but that doesn't fix it for servers that use a different font.
The font is very similar but cant be detected reliably when looking for the english font. I really don't know why jagex uses a different font there and i'm also not sure which languages use what font.

Board footer