#1 2015-11-13 04:46:51

Borithil

Support for "Borderless Gaming"

I use a program called Borderless Gaming for many games, RuneScape being one of them. What it allows me to do is play in windowed mode but it fills my whole screen up like fullscreen. Why not just use fullscreen you may ask, well fullscreen doesn't work well with focusing other windows on second monitors (it minimizes Runescape), where as windowed mode works perfect with focusing other windows.

The problem is, because the Clue Solver is pinned onto the top, when I focus on the window it unfocuses the game, as such my taskbar pops up and covers an inch of my screen. This messes up the clue solver because it no longer sees my whole screen so sometimes clues don't get recognized, that's understandable, but the worst part is when it DOES work, and I click "Guide", the Alt1 App specific solving option (the square trails for where to click) goes, but when I select the game again it disappears and I cant get it to show up again for awhile (Doesn't always happen, most of the time it works).

So I ask for either a solution to my problem I can personally fix, support for recognizing the puzzles when my taskbar covers the bottom inch of my screen, or a fix to the 'square solving trail' disappearing when I focus the window again. (Would've bug reported/issued but it involves another program.)

#2 2015-11-13 12:25:12

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Support for "Borderless Gaming"

If you're using the default capture mode (not compat mode) in alt1 1.1 it will be able to see rs even if something else is covering it.
I cant fix the overlay from disappearing, that is probably done by that program. I also can't prevent the taskbar from appearing, looks like that is also done by that program.

You might want to try the Alt1 borderless option. It removes all borders from a window, however it doesn't resize it to full screen, so the taskbar will always be visible.
You can press alt+3 and select "border: none" from the dropdown.

Board footer