#1 2015-12-28 22:18:33

whitecatblack

Failed to find the home teleport button in-game

Hi, so I've just downloaded the toolkit today as I've always been interested but decided I wanted to try it out now. As I go to use it, I have my Runescape window open and Alt1 running, and when I go to Settings/Capture, at the bottom it says two things:

"DirectX capture seems to be working correctly."
and
"Alt1 failed to find the home teleport button in-game. Image detection might not be working correctly"

I have no idea how to fix this problem, and it isn't letting me use most of the features of Alt1. I think it still lets me do manual lookup or use the integrated wiki app, but pressing alt+1 does nothing. Help?

Also, this is a screenshot of my game window if that is at all useful: http://runeapps.org/i/br8e

Last edited by whitecatblack (2015-12-28 23:00:59)

#2 2015-12-29 10:34:08

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Failed to find the home teleport button in-game

Weird, my alt1 seems to be working correctly on the image you sent. This means that it should be working for sure on desktop capture mode. Does the image you see on the bottom right of the menu correspond to what you see on your runescape client?

#3 2015-12-29 20:00:08

whitecatblack

"Does the image you see on the bottom right of the menu correspond to what you see on your runescape client?"

Interestingly enough, no, it doesn't. I get something like this (http://runeapps.org/i/bsfc) when I go to settings. Even though I can see the entire runescape window, it seems that Alt1 is only capturing about 2/3rds of my game window, starting at the top left corner. So that would explain why it isn't able to find the home teleport button, because it can't see that part of the window for some reason. How do I go about fixing this? I'm assuming that this is just some mistake I've made during setup or something or a setting I can toggle or something.

I'll post this now in case there is a simple fix; in the mean-time, I'll probably be fooling with the other settings to see if I can provide more details on what's happening and will edit this reply when I get something.

Cheers on the help so far though.

EDIT: Alright, so a bit more progress now. I've gotten it to work, although it feels like a work-around fix, so I'm hoping there's a better way. I tried switching it to Desktop capture mode, and it was giving me a message about DPI scaling. So I turned off DPI scaling for the runescape app: still broken. So I thought to myself, okay, since Alt1 is only capturing the top left of the screen, and since it just said something about scaling, maybe I can turn the scaling down for the whole computer and it can work. So I turned my scaling down here (http://runeapps.org/i/bsfd) from 150% to 100%, and set it to DirectX capture again, and it seems to work now. It can find the home teleport button and everything, and pressing alt+1 actually seems to do stuff now......buuuut now all my text is small and my chrome tabs are tiny and I find myself starting to squint to read what I'm typing. So I'm hoping there is a better fix to this that you can see through what I've done here.

Last edited by whitecatblack (2015-12-30 09:36:11)

#4 2015-12-31 18:08:13

whitecatblack

There still isn't a solution to this, besides the temporary one I found. Any help?

So......bump?

#5 2015-12-31 20:26:31

Skillbert
Administrator

It sounds like you have desktop scaling enabled, but at the same time disabled it for the runescape client. Having it enabled is supported, not having desktop scaling is supported, however having it partially enabled like that makes it very tricky. The problem is that there is way to find out what scaling is being used on the runescape client other than assuming its the same as the rest of the desktop. You could fix it by disabling the dpi override you have on the runescape client. However this would make it blurry again which is probably why you turned it off in the first place.

#6 2016-01-01 06:50:49

whitecatblack

Alright, I think I see the problem there. After a bit more research, it looks like this is a problem with Runescape and Windows rather than Alt1. And that there's no fix yet. So yeah. Thanks for the help though, I guess if I come upon a fix I'll post it here, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be a solution yet.

Board footer