#1 2016-01-11 11:02:40

Killersemmel

Alt 1 for german servers?

Hi, I'm new here and don't know if this is the correct place to post this but I'll try anyway:

I found out about Alt 1 some time ago and it's really awesome so far. However, since I'm on a German server, many things don't work that would need English text input (like examine a player by hovering and clicking alt 1)
I don't exactly know how it works, but from what I understand it doesn't interact with the client, it simply "reads" it. Now my quiestion: do you guys plan on making it work on german servers as well? I would be very willing to help translate everything, I imagine it should not be too hard (make Alt 1 search for "untersuchen" instead of "examine" for example) but then again, I don't actually know how the program works wink
Let me know what you think!
Killersemmel

#2 2016-01-11 12:25:47

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Alt 1 for german servers?

It would be a lot of work to offer support for this, especially when taking both the apps and the toolkit itself into account. There probably around 800 match strings already that will all have to be changed to point to the correct translation. There translation itself with also be enormous as it will have to exactly match the text in rs and use regex for variants of the same string.
There are also not many german players compared to the rest, like 0.5%? In my opinion it's not worth the time.

#3 2016-01-11 16:00:06

Killersemmel

Probably true, unfortunately... And I assume there isn't an open-source version of this I could edit myself (for myself)? I read somewhere alt 1 isn't open source so no one can alter the code and implement something harmful - which I understand.
If not I'll just have to stick with what it can do, which is still more than enough!

#4 2016-01-11 17:19:54

Skillbert
Administrator

Not much you can do, you can only add some translated activator phrases under settings>installed apps>app settings. Umlaut is not supported and will probably be ignored, not sure about ss.
I will look into adding some translated version of often used text that don't conflict with english ones if you provide them.
Any particular reason why you can't use english servers? Your english seems good to me.

#5 2016-01-11 19:02:19

Killersemmel

I can gladly translate anything, maybe there is a list of words or something like that?
And although I could play on English servers (I went to an American school for a year, so I hope my English is good enough) most of my friends are german-speaking people and play on the German servers as well...
Thank you very much by the way for your cooperation!

By the way, I meant all the things I can do with Alt 1 on german servers is still a lot wink but I'll try the app translating you suggested as soon as I'm on my computer again - thanks!

Board footer