#1 2019-03-27 20:16:27

Triforc4Link

Alt1 apps freeze up after being started. (extended period of time.)

Not exactly sure what causes this issue, But say 24 hours from the time i started alt1 toolkit. I then open up rswiki (with alt+1 or by clicking on it) and it doesnt load(opens the app but greets with a white screen).
This issue goes away when i restart alt1 toolkit using task manager to close it as the options menu will not let me click on anything. Other apps will work as long as they are started and stay open.
I haven't tested any other apps to see if this issue persist throughout or when exactly it starts to happen.

#2 2019-03-27 20:24:45

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Alt1 apps freeze up after being started. (extended period of time.)

I'm working on a fix for this. One of the things that can cause a freeze is changing system styles (font, text size, colors) after closing one rs client. To me it was happening every time my desktop background changed (I have it on a timer).
I think you are dealing with a different version of this issue, i'm still trying to find a fix for this.

#3 2019-03-30 11:13:47

Californ1a

Re: Alt1 apps freeze up after being started. (extended period of time.)

Skillbert wrote:

To me it was happening every time my desktop background changed (I have it on a timer).

I believe I'm having this issue as well. I also have my desktop image on a slideshow, and I wasn't sure what was causing the issue, but this might be it. However, alt1 apps don't open at all for me when the issue occurs (no toolbar on the top of the client, no afkwarden auto-open alongside client), they don't even show up as white, just nothing at all. Clicking on the alt1 icon in the tray makes all the selections appear very slowly and I can't click on any of them. I have to just kill alt1 from task manager and restart it. This also seems to happen when the PC goes to sleep and wakes back up, though that might also be triggering the desktop slideshow to advance.

Board footer