#1 2023-12-04 22:51:34

Tetros

Issues with alt1

Hello I was just wondering how can I make alt1 work with 125% scaling (from windows settings and I am using 4k resolution if that makes any difference) Also I know that if I change runescapes interface scaling to other than 100% it is not wotking correctly. So anyways any idea how to make it work with 125% scaling setting from windows and is that even possible? Would be really nice if it would work with interface scaling 110% also but I guess thats not possible.

Edit: Yesterday my seren spirit and blessing of the god notifications worked normally with interface scaling 100% (from rs) and windows scaling 125% But today I couldn't get them to work at all. Also today meg answers did not work with interface scaling 100% and windows scaling 125% The only way I got meg answers to work today was to change windows scaling setting to 100% (which makes everything super small on 4k resolution sad

Last edited by Tetros (2023-12-04 23:00:54)

#2 2023-12-04 23:58:33

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Issues with alt1

With todays update jagex changed the way that interface scaling works. If you are using display scaling in windows then Alt1 will no longer works for you. This is most likely the case if you have a 4K, 1444p or modern laptop screen.

You can revert RuneScape to how it was last week by changing settings in Windows:

1. Go to `C:\ProgramData\Jagex\launcher` (this is a hidden folder, copy-paste the address)
      - for the steam client go to `C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RuneScape\launcher

2. Rightclick `rs2client.exe` and click properties

3. Go to the Compatibility tab and click Change high DPI settings

4. Click the Override High DPI scaling behavior and set the dropdown to system

5. Click OK

6. Click apply on the properties window

After this restart your RuneScape client and everything should work again.

c3J1IR4.png

#3 2023-12-05 00:36:02

Tetros

Wow thanks for the fast and detailed answer! smile So if I change this setting will Alt1 then work even with 125% scaling from windows settings and 100% interface scaling setting in-game big_smile?

#4 2023-12-05 00:47:33

Skillbert
Administrator

yes exactly. Any windows scaling setting with work after following these steps, as long as you set in-game interface scaling to 100%

#5 2023-12-05 01:55:20

Floerenaap

Hi Skillbert, I have been trying to work with Alt1 for months now and I could never make it work. I was hoping with today's update it would work but still NOT and I'm pulling my hair out why not because I do not see it. I have all the options that everyone is talking about. Please send some help my way. I have probably installed and uninstalled Alt1 3 or 4 times over the course of several months.

Below is an Imgur album with several screenshots of my settings. If you can help me get this working, I'll be in your debt.

https://imgur.com/a/LwL9AhY

Last edited by Floerenaap (2023-12-05 01:55:54)

#6 2023-12-05 01:57:09

Floerenaap

Skillbert wrote:

yes exactly. Any windows scaling setting with work after following these steps, as long as you set in-game interface scaling to 100%

I don't know how to get your attention or to get a notification to you, so I'll just quote you with the same reply.

Hi Skillbert, I have been trying to work with Alt1 for months now and I could never make it work. I was hoping with today's update it would work but still NOT and I'm pulling my hair out why not because I do not see it. I have all the options that everyone is talking about. Please send some help my way. I have probably installed and uninstalled Alt1 3 or 4 times over the course of several months.

Below is an Imgur album with several screenshots of my settings. If you can help me get this working, I'll be in your debt.

https://imgur.com/a/LwL9AhY

#7 2023-12-05 01:59:41

crazye97

Generally being patient instead of double-posting would be fine.

#8 2023-12-05 02:02:10

Floerenaap

crazye97 wrote:

Generally being patient instead of double-posting would be fine.

Just trying to reach people as well as possible. My apologies...

#9 2023-12-05 18:11:59

Tetros

Skillbert wrote:

Okay thanks for your fast and detailed responses. Also to add I really like Alt1 its the best rs tool ever smile

#10 2023-12-05 18:39:22

Made In Asia

Hi i cant make my alarms to work after the last update on december 4th. I did the steps like in the screenshots and checked override high DPI box and selected the option system, but it didnt work at all. My interface scale ingame is set to 100%, i didnt changed it at all. But after update my interface icons and stuff on my screen seems smaller. Here it is a screenshoot. https://imgur.com/a/jyCRVNs Thanks in advance if someone can help me.

#11 2023-12-05 20:55:35

crazye97

Legacy interface is not supported.

#12 2023-12-05 22:16:58

Tetros

Made In Asia wrote:

Hi i cant make my alarms to work after the last update on december 4th. I did the steps like in the screenshots and checked override high DPI box and selected the option system, but it didnt work at all. My interface scale ingame is set to 100%, i didnt changed it at all. But after update my interface icons and stuff on my screen seems smaller. Here it is a screenshoot. https://imgur.com/a/jyCRVNs Thanks in advance if someone can help me.

Actually I just noticed the same thing my blessing of the god notification sound stopped working but it was working earlier today if I remember correctly big_smile

#13 2023-12-06 00:35:38

Made In Asia

crazye97 wrote:

Legacy interface is not supported.

Before last update i could use legacy interface with xp counter alarm and it was working fine. To prove to you that the alt tool isnt working even with RS3 interface ill post another screenshot here. https://imgur.com/a/XMLUfwR Thanks in advance if someone can help me.

#14 2023-12-06 08:42:22

Honda5422

Thank you so much! These instructions are the only thing that has worked for me. Jagex's new scaling changes must have broke Alt1 when using scaling options other than 100%. I never had a problem before having windows at 150% Scale. Hopefully Alt1 gets a hotfix soon. I actually did notice the game was looking sharper.

For those that have followed the instructions posted above and Alt1 is still not working, here is a list of all the other possible solutions I have come across while browsing the forums:

1) Make sure all Drivers are up to date.
2) Try running Alt1 as administrator.
3) Turn Off "Antialiasing- FXAA" in NVIDIA Control Panel and/or switch to "Let the 3D application decide under "Manage 3D settings." (FXAA On can make things a bit too blurry for Alt1 to recognize certain icons and such).
4) Turn Off "Image Scaling" in NVIDIA Control Panel and/or switch to "Let the 3D application decide" under "3D settings" tabs.
5) Set Windows "Scale" and RS3 Client "Interface Scaling" to 100% This did work for me before I tried the fix posted here but the interface was super small and hard to read. I hated it.
   You can also try different settings in Alt1 itself such as experimenting with DirectX, OpenGL or Desktop Capture settings.
Once I Applied the above mentioned fix it did not matter if I had the "Override high DPI scaling detection" box checked or unchecked. Might be worth trying if you're still having issues.

Here is my Alt1 settings with everything working great:
https://i.imgur.com/vFVrsiV.png
https://i.imgur.com/tOurk3U.png
https://i.imgur.com/tPx6UIp.png

#15 2023-12-07 20:45:32

ricky

i found this problem in alt1

how to fix

the cleu solver dont work

https://runeapps.org/i/ec3dq

Last edited by ricky (2023-12-07 20:46:35)

#16 2023-12-10 09:21:04

Konngitas

Skillbert wrote:

With todays update jagex changed the way that interface scaling works. If you are using display scaling in windows then Alt1 will no longer works for you. This is most likely the case if you have a 4K, 1444p or modern laptop screen.

You can revert RuneScape to how it was last week by changing settings in Windows:

1. Go to `C:\ProgramData\Jagex\launcher` (this is a hidden folder, copy-paste the address)
      - for the steam client go to `C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RuneScape\launcher

2. Rightclick `rs2client.exe` and click properties

3. Go to the Compatibility tab and click Change high DPI settings

4. Click the Override High DPI scaling behavior and set the dropdown to system

5. Click OK

6. Click apply on the properties window

After this restart your RuneScape client and everything should work again.

https://i.imgur.com/c3J1IR4.png

Hi Skillbert! Thanks for this workaround. Any chance that you can fix Alt1 to work with the new scaling? The new update made the game look substantially better for me, as it was incredibly blurry before. I suspect theres some scaling shenanigans that were fixed by the new update.
Here's the before and after
Before
After

#17 2023-12-14 16:21:30

glacor

Konngitas wrote:

Hi Skillbert! Thanks for this workaround. Any chance that you can fix Alt1 to work with the new scaling? The new update made the game look substantially better for me, as it was incredibly blurry before. I suspect theres some scaling shenanigans that were fixed by the new update.
Here's the before and after

I found mine incredibly blurry too.
Played around with in-game settings. Fixed mine by changing "game render scaling" which was at 70% to 100% (or more).
Not sure what it was set to before changing high DPI settings but yeah that fixed mine completely as far as I can tell. Hope that helps you or anyone else.

Board footer