#1 2019-02-21 15:53:50

Mortify

Alert not triggering, text preview found?

The alert not triggering is extremely triggering me. When I click scan, it finds the text. When I click the preview, it finds all the correctly colored text. All other alarms work just fine. I use the base seren spirit alert settings, and on my desktop I reduced the amount of words to "A Seren spirit" per someones suggestion and that works, but on my laptop I tried "A Seren spirit", "A Seren", and just "A", but nothing triggers the alarm.

I don't understand. It just refuses to trigger the alarm! Does it have something to do with the MS that shows up? It is around 250 on my desktop (the one that works) and 530 (my laptop) so could that be effecting the trigger?

Should I be lowering graphical settings? I just get really annoyed I keep missing seren spirits because the alarm wont trigger, regardless of the text actually being found in the preview...

Last edited by Mortify (2019-02-21 15:54:16)

#2 2019-02-22 03:40:26

Mortify

Re: Alert not triggering, text preview found?

So if anyone is wondering how I fixed it and has encountered a similar issue, the next day when I logged in with the same settings it started triggering. Using the text "A Seren spirit appears". Restarting the game is what did the trick. Occasionally it requires restarting the app, or restarting alt1, or restarting the game. It appears random things cause random unknown issues that dont have any rhyme or reason, so if your settings look correct and nothing is happening, simply try to restart RS and alt1

#3 2019-03-05 23:21:54

Phobiafr34k

Re: Alert not triggering, text preview found?

Can't say how much of a game changer this is for skilling!

only issue im having is that although the idle logout timer alarm is working fine, i can't get the seren spirit alert to sound. i tried changing various alert settings, and both system and in-game sound settings along with numerous restarts of my pc, the client and Alt1.

Any ideas?

FYI, i am in legacy mode with a resized screen (will this make a difference?)

Upon closer inspection, i see that the "scan text" doesnt pick up the game message telling me that i received a spirit. How can i get it to see this??

Last edited by Phobiafr34k (2019-03-05 23:31:10)

Board footer