#1 2019-08-17 16:24:27

firebrat626

screen capture not finding home teleport/ clue scrolls

the capture settings say opengl mode seems to be working but then says it may not be working right because it cannot find hometeleport.
i have read some other threads, i have a NIVIDIA  graphics card i have tried adjusting settings similar to another thread i saw but that just made the opengl made it to work at all. i do not know a lot about graphics settings and stuff in general any advice would help.

#2 2019-08-17 20:46:54

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: screen capture not finding home teleport/ clue scrolls

The simplest way to to click on "let 3d application decide" on the main menu. Don't forget to click apply. After that restart rs for the changes to take effect. In some cases it might be necessary to completely restart your computer.
Tai0DVh.png

#3 2019-08-17 21:17:08

firebrat626

i already checked that setting  it was already set like that, i did change it, then change it back and restart computer as recommended  still get same result. i have tried toggling  the override dpi also did  not effect it as far as i can tell. i tried to take some screen shots to show the settings on both alt1 and the nividia control panel but idk how to post them.

i read on a separate post abut possibly alt 1 files being deleted by antivirus software, i doubt my software did because its not even active subscription to it atm, is there a way i can check to see if that's that case? i did delete alt1 and re install

Last edited by firebrat626 (2019-08-17 21:28:12)

#4 2019-08-17 23:17:48

Skillbert
Administrator

When an antivirus deletes the opengl capture related files there won't be any opengl capture at all. If that happens the preview will be black and alt1 will say that opengl isn't working at all. It doesn't seem like that's your problem as you said it passed the first bullet point.

You can press alt+2 on your keyboard to take a screenshot using the toolkit. It will upload it and you can just post the url here.

Board footer