#1 2020-01-18 03:25:51

kilerdeath3

I would like to suggest a github page to be created

I thank a github page would help provide a way for the community to participate in the development of Alt1.

This would allow for clear and transparent view of the code so that the community can verify there is no malicious code.

Allowing the code to be open source would take away any liability from Alt1 for any patent nonsense.

this would also create a appropriate area to post bugs and errors and for the community to help each other.

this would allow opening and closing of bugs much easier for the community to knows what is current and what is closed or still open.

having a "official release", "beta", and "dev" versions available.

github would help in keeping up with older release of Alt1 for compatibility problems on older systems.

please and thank you from someone like you

Last edited by kilerdeath3 (2020-01-18 03:28:03)

#2 2020-01-18 05:03:23

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: I would like to suggest a github page to be created

So this is basically a consideration of effort vs payoff. At this point i don't think it's worth the effort setting all these things up. There have been very few people requesting this and it would take a considerable amount of time to set it all up.

The code is in c# and unobfuscated, decompilers give you nearly the original code back (even local variable names). So review for malicious code is already possible.

In terms of the mp4 codec thing you ran into this would not have helped. For the codecs to work you need to compile CEF from scratch which gives you a drop-in replacement for libcef.dll.

As for the code itself, i consider the downloadable part of Alt1 nearly complete. It is mostly up to app code at this point. Update speed is mostly limited by AVG taking a piss right now. Beta/dev channels is something i considered but that's unrelated to git.

Getting more js code or even open source apps is something i would like to do. I have already published a set of new libraries on github/npm.

#3 2020-01-18 05:23:29

kilerdeath3

Re: I would like to suggest a github page to be created

This is very help full,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and providing everything that shows how this is not a needed feature.

I see your points and how you have already provided everything, it was just my lack of not being familiar with the location of stuff in the forum.

Have a Nice day smile

Closed

Last edited by kilerdeath3 (2020-01-18 05:23:55)

Board footer