#1 2020-11-10 22:23:31

NadyaNayme

Improving DGKey Map Key placement by reading chat and grid coordinates

I saw a post on Reddit that inspired this suggestion:
https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comm … enoeering/

Rather than having to click on DGKey to place a key - why not use Alt1's ability to read the chat box?

Typing "grsh b2" in-game would place Green Shield at spot B2 on the grid. This has the benefits that other people in your party will be able to see the call rather than having to type it twice (once to add it to your DGKey and once to tell the party if they aren't using DGKey with you). By having it in the chat you could also avoid having to join rooms with people to sync maps between yourselves as long as everyone agrees to type in-game.

This would make adding keys to DGKey a lot less clunky since you currently need to click a spot on the map then type the key shorthand then click back into RS.

#2 2020-11-19 00:12:12

crazye97

Re: Improving DGKey Map Key placement by reading chat and grid coordinates

DGKey should (generally) be able to read the key doors when you hover over them. Also, if everyone uses the globe button, they should sync up, as far as I can recall.

#3 2020-11-19 01:50:32

NadyaNayme

Re: Improving DGKey Map Key placement by reading chat and grid coordinates

crazye97 wrote:

DGKey should (generally) be able to read the key doors when you hover over them. Also, if everyone uses the globe button, they should sync up, as far as I can recall.

The current workflow:
  1) Hover door with mouse
  2) Press Alt+1
  3) Click DGKey to place Key onto map
  4) Call in chat for users not using DGKey

Extra Con:
To mark other peoples' maps you need to set up a DGKey room to sync maps and require everyone join the DGKey room

My suggested workflow:
  1) Call in chat for users not using DGKey (and the rest is done automatically)

Extra Benefit:
Don't need to bother with DGKey rooms at all to benefit from others being able to mark your map

Board footer