#1 2021-10-05 02:29:11

lightninglockey

Alt1 Crashes System.BadImageFormatException

Hello,

This is my first time trying to run Alt1, when I try to run Alt1, this is the error I get.  It happens with anything I open like AFK Warden or the Clue Solver.

Alt1 error report
Version: 1.5.6
OS type: 64bit
CPU features: SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE41, SSE42, AVX, AVX2, using_mm128, using_mm256
Id: B99A14AF

System.BadImageFormatException
Could not load file or assembly 'SMDiagnostics, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
   at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)

at CefSharp.Internals.BrowserProcessServiceHost..ctor(JavascriptObjectRepository javascriptObjectRepository, Int32 parentProcessId, Int32 browserId, IJavascriptCallbackFactory callbackFactory)

at CefSharp.ManagedCefBrowserAdapter.InitializeBrowserProcessServiceHost(IBrowser browser)

at CefSharp.ManagedCefBrowserAdapter.OnAfterBrowserCreated(IBrowser browser)

at CefSharp.Internals.ClientAdapter.OnAfterCreated(ClientAdapter* , scoped_refptr<CefBrowser>* browser)

(bottom window)

<p><b>To many error reports, please try again later</b></p>

Things I've tried:

Installed with RuneScape closed (right after a system reboot even).
Disabled Avast!
Disabled Malwarebytes
Disabled WindowsSecurity

I have Windows 10 x64 as my OS.
Using with RunescapeNXT client (unsure if this even works on OSRS)

Even with all my security disabled during the fresh reboot/install I'm still getting this.  I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Last edited by lightninglockey (2021-10-05 02:31:11)

#2 2021-10-05 03:15:21

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Alt1 Crashes System.BadImageFormatException

Sounds like either your installation of .net framework is corrupt or avast is still blocking some installation files. Avast is known to delete random files without telling the user. Avast also corrupts the file system when it does this and requires a reboot after undoing the delete.

#3 2021-10-05 04:49:27

lightninglockey

Re: Alt1 Crashes System.BadImageFormatException

Ok, so what are the files that I should have?

What .net framework do I need?

I've done multiple reboots and computer restarts.  If it wasn't for my clan I'd have given up on this but they've been begging me to ask help and I just simply hate getting a super vague answer.

Last edited by lightninglockey (2021-10-05 04:50:24)

Board footer