#1 2022-04-21 15:44:50

Floofles

[Suggestion] More user-friendly way to solve sliding puzzles

Currently the Clue solver only has three output types for sliding puzzles (Click overlay, Voice guide and Instruction list). I propose a fourth option that is an alternative to the Click overlay.
Instead of showing the moves using an interval this new output would show what squares to click and advance to the next move when any click is done (I'm guessing alt1 can sense clicks).

Additionally this output method could merge multiple moves into one when they are in the same direction (clicking a square that is 3 spots away from the empty square will move all 3 squares in between). The algorithm could then also be changed to minimize the amount of clicks needed instead of the amount of squares to move.

I would love to code this myself but I was not able to find source code to add to, hence the request here.
I'm happy to answer any questions and perhaps provide more clear visuals if necessary.

#2 2022-07-20 20:41:14

RedX1000

Re: [Suggestion] More user-friendly way to solve sliding puzzles

If you right click on the Clue Solver plugin, and inspect element, and go to "Sources", you can find the code there.

Board footer