#1 2022-07-17 03:27:36

Spaghettatron

Barrows Loot Logger

Hello!

I just wanted to suggest an app that would track the loot gained in Barrow's chests. I *assume* it would be similar in nature to the clue loot logger, but I don't know anything about programing apps or applets, hence I am posting here, so it could be more difficult as well.

#2 2022-07-17 09:10:43

RedX1000

Re: Barrows Loot Logger

So the way my clue logger can discover items and log them is with two key things:

To create a Barrows logger using OpenLoggers' source code, one would need to change the JSONs for Barrows loot, change the image it looks for, in this case Barrows Chest, adjust a few values which allow the plugin to not only highlight the loot box, but also grab the loot from the window for image comparison purposes, and adjust a lot of styling (both in HTML/CSS and TS) and various values on the page, and you'd have a working Barrows logger.

It's been on my radar for a bit, it was actually going to be my test project way early on while I was working on OpenLogger, but I shelved it, I may come back to it later. Also the value reader is from the Clue Solver, so I don't know if it will work the same way with a different interface but it could probably be tweaked. I think a barrows logger would be way easier to make considering you don't have to worry about multiple tiers of equipment and loot you could potentially obtain, and you'd have a smaller pool of items to compare to (Clue scrolls have 556 unique items compared to about 50 or 60 items from Barrows).

#3 2022-09-06 18:17:55

RedX1000

Re: Barrows Loot Logger

Hi, I wanted to make an update to you that I have a Barrows logger in the works that's going to be published some time this week. Keep an eye out for it in the Third Party Applications board of this forum.

Board footer