#1 2024-06-15 07:20:31

unlishema

Slayer Assistant

Slayer Assistant: Your Ultimate Tool for Efficient Slayer Tasks

Hello everyone,

My name is Unlishema Dragonsworn, and I’m excited to introduce you to the Slayer Assistant app for the Alt-1 Toolkit. This app is designed to make choosing your slayer tasks more efficient and straightforward, whether you’re a new player, an XP min-maxer, or simply looking for an easy-to-use utility for slayer assignments.

Why Use Slayer Assistant?
Gone are the days of manually typing every slayer monster name into the wiki. With Slayer Assistant, you get instant, easy-to-read information about each task available. Simply have the app open when receiving a new slayer task, and make informed decisions quickly.

Note: This app is heavily inspired by an earlier app created by codedninja, which is no longer hosted. You can view the original here.

Features and Installation

• Autoload Tasks: Automatically loads tasks as long as the app is open when you get a new task.

• Task Search: Quickly search for specific tasks.

• User Experience Enhancements: Hide unwanted creatures, set suggested creatures, and more to come...

• Comprehensive Info: Displays task details including kills, total slayer XP, relevant combat data, and cluster tasks.

• Database Updates: Indicates missing data and allows access to relevant wiki pages for more information.

• Added full Necromancy Support: Comprehensive integration with Necromancy, enhancing task management capabilities.

• Added full support for the Slayer and Reaper Counter UI: Collapsed counters update the current assignment count; expanded counters load and update assignments.

• Added ability to search and compare tasks: Search for and display two tasks side by side using "|" as separator; limited to Slayer assignments only.

• Introduced suggested Slayer Assignments for level 120 "Select Your Own Assignment" dialog: Search using "suggest" to access suggestions directly.

• Enabled navigation history for lookups: Navigate forward and backward through previous tasks for easier access and management.

Last updated on June 15th, 2024 
Install Slayer Assistant or use the Browser Based Version

Slayer Assistant

Feedback and Support
If you have suggestions or would like to help improve the database, please post here or contact me on Discord. Many user suggestions have already been implemented, and ongoing improvements are documented.

If you enjoy using this app, please consider donating to support future development.

Last edited by unlishema (2024-08-11 04:31:23)

#2 2024-06-15 07:21:31

unlishema

Re: Slayer Assistant

Slayer Assistant Update - June 15, 2024

New Features and Improvements:

• Added full support for the Slayer and Reaper Counter UI. If you have it collapsed it will only update the count of the current assignment it already has loaded; otherwise, it will load the assignment and then update the count unless the assignment is already loaded and in that case, it will only update the count.

• Added the ability to search to compare tasks. Just separate the tasks with a | and it will search for both tasks and display them side by side. Note: It cannot compare reaper assignments, only slayer.

• Added suggested Slayer Assignments for level 120 "Select Your Own Assignment" dialog. You can also search for the suggested slayer assignments in the search bar, just search for "suggest" in any form and it will open up the suggested page for you.

• Added the ability to navigate forward and backward with lookups. This way if you want to go to a previous lookup or even just see your previous task you can. Very helpful with the suggested assignments list.

• Adjusted the look and feel of all the pages to look correct when resized. Some more work needs to be done for this to be perfect but it is close now.

• Adjusted project to allow for future updates that won't mess up everything. This should make the next Alt1 update go a lot smoother.

• Refactored code to be even more readable and separated out data into Readers. This allows for better portability and Skillbert can even extract the Readers for the main Alt1 source.

• Added a few more devTools since I made a lot of code into their own readers. Just some debug functions for testing why something isn't working correctly.

Future Updates:

• Add support to keep search and lookup history persistent upon page refreshes and maybe even make it a local history for the user.

• Add support to track kills/hr, xp/hr, and more to come.

• Add support for Ushabti.

• Add settings into the app finally and settings to come are as follows.

Settings to come:

• Ability to toggle auto find task via dialog.

• Ability to toggle auto find current task via Slayer Count RS3UI.

• Ability to toggle extra info to make box smaller without scrollbar.

• Ability to toggle all hidden creatures.

• * Ability to toggle sub-classes of hidden creatures like (elite), (dragonkin lab) and such.

• Ability to select default loading.

• * Default Task(s) on open and adjust doc based on it.

• * Load previous task(s) and adjust doc based on it.

• Ability to select defaults for everything (Later On).

• * Select default creature per task.

• * Select default variant per creature.

• Ability to customize the Look N Feel of the Slayer Assistant UI (Way Later On).

• Ability to select how long to save search history (Way Later On).

• Ability to select the type of search algo for the app (Maybe Later On).

Stay tuned for further updates and improvements to Slayer Assistant! Your feedback is highly appreciated as we strive to enhance your experience.

#3 2024-06-15 07:22:32

unlishema

Credits

Assistance with Slayer Assistant for Alt1

• codedninja - For creating the original app and inspiring the look and feel of this app

• Skillbert - For all the assistance during the creation of this app, as well as for creating Alt1 Toolkit

• Zykrow - For support and assistance during the entire development of this app

• crazye97 - For all the assistance during the development of this app, too much to specify each one

• troy236 - For giving me the answer to why I couldn't edit the src of an img in JavaScript

• Emma Kitty - For helping manage the database; formatting, adding manual entries, and adding user experience content to the app

• Annie the Eagle - For help with adjusting the Look and Feel of the app

• MrSlayerGod - For suggestions on the newest Look and Feel of the app

• Poop Skewer - For suggesting moving the app over to GitHub for better uptime

• display_this - For reporting app breaking bugs that kept the app from running at its full potential

• Leridon - For assisting me on getting the slayer/reaper counter lookup started as well as helping fix major issues during upgrading Alt1 source

• Nex ex Umbra - For assistance on getting the Select Your Own Task detection to work

• overlord1234 & David - For the Levenshtein distance algorithm for the search feature

• AbyssalR - For fixing the bug with RuneMetrics links not going to the correct location

• Rodney Brillantes - For help with the new improved task searching algorithm and creating a full page search

• Steven M - For all the help and suggestions, from the base algorithm to the Reaper Task improvements

• Freddy E - For all the help with the quick little things that just needed to be done

Assistance with Slayer Assistant Database Updater

• Runescape Wiki - For having an amazing database that I can just parse to make use of in this app

• Chiev Hunter - For assistance in fixing the slayer assignment wiki so my updater would quit throwing an error

• Wahi - For explaining the Wights task was old content that was removed

• Robert571 - For suggesting the new query search for database downloading from the wiki

• Im Wired In - For all the assistance in helping to figure out how to use the new query search for database downloading from the wiki

For Creating Something Amazing

• Jagex - For creating an amazing game that has many more years to come

• Runescape - For still being here after all these years, it has come a long way

• Runescape Wiki - For having an amazing database for all of the RuneScape community

• Chat GPT - For creating something amazing that can assist with anything

• Skillbert - For creating Alt1 Toolkit and keeping it maintained

#4 2024-06-15 09:59:42

Astrolume
Website

Great update!
But when I type in the word "suggestions" [as seen on your screenshots], hit Enter, it shows it for a split second then goes back to current Slayer Assignment ?
See https://gyazo.com/c2db7b0aca798e492cda5bf5e6db3568
Or is this because I already have an assignment and its unable to show the suggestions ?

UPDATE: I just tried it again [while RuneScape itself is closed] and it works now.

Last edited by Astrolume (2024-06-15 16:16:25)

Add me on RuneScape: Astrolume
Join my RuneScape Alt1 Server:https://discord.gg/WED5dSdEkf
My RuneScape projects: https://github.com/Nigel1992?tab=repositories

#5 2024-06-16 04:07:29

unlishema

Astrolume wrote:

Great update!
But when I type in the word "suggestions" [as seen on your screenshots], hit Enter, it shows it for a split second then goes back to current Slayer Assignment ?
Or is this because I already have an assignment and its unable to show the suggestions ?

UPDATE: I just tried it again [while RuneScape itself is closed] and it works now.

The issue you're experiencing is likely due to the auto capture feature taking control. I'm currently working on adding settings that will allow for customization to address this specific problem. Additionally, I need to implement a way to track whether an assignment is completed using the Slayer Counter UI, ensuring it doesn't update once it's finished.

Thank you for highlighting this issue. I was somewhat aware of it, but your feedback has been invaluable in enhancing the future design of the app. I plan to introduce an option to disable auto capture when searching for an assignment. After a search, auto capture could either re-enable after a delay or via a capture button. I'll decide on the best approach soon and aim to have the basic settings ready within a week. These updates will take some time as I need to ensure all bugs, like the one you found, are resolved.

Just to note, the suggested lookup is primarily intended for when your slayer master gives the "Select your own task" option. Now I realize I need to account for auto updating when searching for a task as well. Also for the future until I get this updated, if you want to search for an assignment without the auto capture messing with you, you can just exit to lobby because the Slayer Counter UI doesn't exist there.

Last edited by unlishema (2024-06-16 04:10:05)

#6 2024-06-16 04:38:40

Astrolume
Website

unlishema wrote:
Astrolume wrote:

Great update!

The issue you're experiencing is likely due to the auto capture feature taking control. I'm currently working on adding settings that will allow for customization to address this specific problem. Additionally, I need to implement a way to track whether an assignment is completed using the Slayer Counter UI, ensuring it doesn't update once it's finished.

Thank you for highlighting this issue. I was somewhat aware of it, but your feedback has been invaluable in enhancing the future design of the app. I plan to introduce an option to disable auto capture when searching for an assignment. After a search, auto capture could either re-enable after a delay or via a capture button. I'll decide on the best approach soon and aim to have the basic settings ready within a week. These updates will take some time as I need to ensure all bugs, like the one you found, are resolved.

Just to note, the suggested lookup is primarily intended for when your slayer master gives the "Select your own task" option. Now I realize I need to account for auto updating when searching for a task as well. Also for the future until I get this updated, if you want to search for an assignment without the auto capture messing with you, you can just exit to lobby because the Slayer Counter UI doesn't exist there.

Alright.
I kinda figured that feature is mainly used when @ the slayer master, but also figured you might want to know it can confuse others.
Looking forward to see where this amazing app gets to!

Add me on RuneScape: Astrolume
Join my RuneScape Alt1 Server:https://discord.gg/WED5dSdEkf
My RuneScape projects: https://github.com/Nigel1992?tab=repositories

#7 2024-06-19 15:27:42

unlishema

Just wanted to let you know, I have released an early version of the newest update to fix this exact issue. I have the setting implemented into the app itself but no way for the user to change the setting yet. This will take some time as some setting require others to be changed and so on. I will work on this soon but wanted to at least add a fix for the search not having a delay before auto capturing again.

Also when the auto capture is paused, the search button will say capture; otherwise, it will always say search for now. This will be different once settings are added because if auto capture is turned off it will also say capture.

#8 2024-08-11 02:39:03

A Partyhat

Hello, I am wondering if this is available on browser. I can't link 3rd party app plugins due to needing the standalone 1.5.6 version, which isn't hooked into windows at all so it doesn't recognize it as an app. I've tried doing a custom protocol linked to that standalone version, but windows doesn't allow custom protocols for some absolutely bizarre reason so I just load the ones I can into my alt1 browser, if they have a browser version, and bookmark. That's my workaround for now.

In case anyone sees this and has a fix, please let me know. This is what I see for every single app attempt since it's not an "official" application. No alt1 choice in Default apps or "set defaults by app" .

https://i.imgur.com/Kja8wDd.png

Last edited by A Partyhat (2024-08-11 02:44:57)

#9 2024-08-11 04:34:10

unlishema

Yes you can use the browser based version of the app, you just have to paste an image of RuneScape into the app/webpage for it to extract the task from it. You can open this link in any web browser (including the one in alt1toolkit) and it should work fine as long as JavaScript is enabled.

I have also updated the app's post to include a link to the Browser Based Version.

I am also adding to my TODO list, to make it show if it detects your using alt1toolkit or not and warn a users of the features they are missing without using alt1toolkit. Also add into settings ability to hide this warning.

Last edited by unlishema (2024-08-11 04:38:01)

Board footer