#1 2016-05-18 18:30:38

Lord Gwyn

Fight Kiln and Caves Toolkit

Hey, I think that a Kiln/Caves toolkit would be a really useful tool to those of us who like to AFK. A few example features:

(Simplest)
* Add waves to an Alerter that will ping us when the wave before it ends. Either with a spinner to enter the wave # or a tickbox menu with each wave. (i.e., if you add Wave 28 of Kiln to an alerter, you'd get a system alert at the end of Wave 27 or beginning of Wave 28 if that's too difficult)

(Better)
* An overlay displaying a list of monsters that will spawn in the current and upcoming wave and their combat styles

(Best)
* Strictly for Fight Kiln since Caves spawns are random, a map displaying where each monster will spawn in the upcoming wave. Can be denoted with a green / orange / blue dot for rangers / meleers / mages and possibly a unique icon for Jad and Dills.

#2 2016-05-18 19:00:04

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Fight Kiln and Caves Toolkit

I'm working on something that could incorporate this over in the dev forum section of the forums http://runeapps.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=323.
I don't think it would be too hard to make it alert on every wave, or just on the jad waves.

#3 2016-05-18 19:05:07

Lord Gwyn

Re: Fight Kiln and Caves Toolkit

Well, if it alerts every wave, then it somewhat defeats the purpose of the tool. The Jad waves would be much more useful, or possibly an advanced option that lets the user specify which waves -- this would be nice because with the upcoming buff, there may be more waves to worry about than just the Jad and Dill waves. I can't see it being too hard since the current wave is always displayed on screen, but I have no idea how development works for this tool :P

Last edited by Lord Gwyn (2016-05-18 19:05:44)

Board footer