#1 2016-11-07 15:53:38

DigitalVortex

Agility Course Markers

My current idea is to create highlighted regions, in 3d space, of agility courses where they are clickable (like OSBuddy).

Library for 3D Drawing: three.js

Three.js utilizes WebGL, JavaScript (obviously), and a Canvas to draw 3d objects to a scene. This scene can be manipulated and changed in real time, or it can be viewed with cameras which can also be moved and controlled to provide different viewpoints.

Problems I Foresee:

Can I make a full window ignore mouse presses or enable a window to be "Clicked Through" rather than on.
Can I make a window's insides fully transparent as to allow being able to see through the window entirely even when drawing.
Can I hook arrow key presses, middle mouse down movement or WASD key presses in order to track rotation to be reactive?
    - If the above is not possible, I can set the app itself to be rotatable with a mouse drag and the user can just re-align the course with the outline as best as possible.

Last edited by DigitalVortex (2016-11-07 15:53:57)

#2 2016-11-07 18:02:28

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Agility Course Markers

What you're planning to do sounds impossible without breaking the (rs3) rules. There is no way to keep track of anything inside the 3d rendered world, you can't know the camera position, the zoom level, the render setting, lag etc. even if Alt1 allowed you to keep track of user input. OSBuddy does this using injection which is against the rules in rs3 and will get you banned. The osbuddy client looks directly at the variables in the client and it's overlays area rendered in the same context.
The current (shitty) overlay system would be good enough to draw simple outlines of 3d objects on the screen, without involving the full 3d hardware rendering like tree.js does. The problem is just that there is no way to know where to draw them.

#3 2016-11-07 19:26:28

DigitalVortex

I think you misunderstand my goal.

None of the information I need would be grabbed from the RS3 Client. Rather it would be grabbed from the webpage which can be "clicked through". Since it would still have focus, i could handle mouse and keyboard events with javascript allowing me to mimic the movement as in runescape. This is not to say it would be perfect, it would require users to first align the 3d drawn object to the world as they see it, then from there, click a button which starts tracking for rotation and such through the webpage. If i can make it so that the webpage can be "clicked through", or find some other method of sending the input to the client without memory interaction

Edit: From what I can tell, that is not possible unless you program something to mimic those specific keys or mouse functions. That would turn the application into a keylogger. However, it can still be manually tuned the first time as long as it's re-tuned every time a camera angle is changed.

Last edited by DigitalVortex (2016-11-07 19:44:46)

#4 2016-11-07 21:28:47

Skillbert
Administrator

As you said, you can't track these events without making essentially a keylogger. Besides the angle you'll also have to keep track of the player position somehow.

I think it would be easiest to just make a 2d app that assumes a certain camera angle. You could do some of the position tracking by reading the tooltip text when you click the next obstacle. (You can't actually yet, but i'm planning to add a rs clicked event at some point.

Someone made a simple overlay app a while ago but didn't really work on it after that. The forum thread is here http://runeapps.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=325

#5 2016-11-07 21:54:02

DigitalVortex

You are correct about motion tracker, i hadn't even thought of that lol.

I think i have a solution for that if I don't take into account rotation.

#6 2017-09-17 19:49:43

hozzy

couldn't you place a phantom map\ screen overlay that the user can attempt to line their screens up with to help with detection?

#7 2017-09-17 20:03:19

Skillbert
Administrator

You can do something like that with the app i linked in my previous post

Board footer