#1 2019-01-29 02:28:07

BloodDiamond

All Saved information gone -- Notepad/Afk Warden etc

Hi
First off I want to say thanks for some awesome software. I am fairly new to Alt1 and am only just starting to delve into all the options and convenience it offers.

One thing I absolutely LOVE is the Notepad. I have also just very recently started using AFK Warden. Today when I opened my RS instance all the saved information in both is gone. It is like I have just downloaded for the first time. This isn't the case however. I just shut everything down last night and started again this morning and Poof!! Gone sad  I could reconstruct the Notepad although that would take a lot of time, but I know I will miss something.

My questions about the above is -- What causes stuff to disappear like this? Is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again?

Secondary question -- when I am running an AFK Warden, and I get a Seren spirit, the Warden does not reset when I click the screen on the instance of RS where warden is running. So, I click to collect the spirit, it does not reset. I click something else on the screen, it does not reset. To get it to reset I have to click another instance of RS that I have running. Why does this happen? How can I prevent it?

I also get instances of things not opening up for me at all. Well, they open but with a white screen. Any idea what causes this and how I can fix it? Like I said, I am very new to Alt1, loving it so far, recommending it to friends. Sorry if these questions are a bit nooby or something I should be easily able to find and haven't.

#2 2019-01-29 02:37:25

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: All Saved information gone -- Notepad/Afk Warden etc

Since update 1.5.0 only the first instance of Alt1 can load or save state. If you open a second or third instance for multiple rs clients, these instances will start with empty states and anything saved in them is lost when closed. This is a side effect from the newer version of the built-in browser and it is something that will be fixed soon.

For the white screen thing, there were some server issues earlier today which resulted in apps failing to load. This should be resolved now.

#3 2019-01-29 03:20:37

BloodDiamond

Re: All Saved information gone -- Notepad/Afk Warden etc

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand what you say about more than one instance of the Toolkit. Thing is I never run more than one, I use it primarily on the account I am playing for the Notepad, Wiki, Clues etc.

I have only recently (within the last week) started using it on the 2nd instance of the game for AFKing something while doing something more active on the other account. But I only still use one instance of the Toolkit. I wasn't aware before browsing your forums today that it was possible to have more than one (Derp!!).

Is there any way to get back the information I had? Or is it gone forever? I have closed both RS clients and restarted the computer but that didn't seem to help sad

Board footer