#1 2016-04-19 21:44:31

Helen_LutjaSukiRS

Request For Help With AFK Application (image Capture Problem)

Hi.  I have been trying to  make a version of OnTopReplica with specific RS features. It would be used to display a tiny window of runescape ontop of whatever video or other game is running on the rest of the screen.  RS features would be  hover zoom's on the chat box, xp popup, skill progress, invent, cursor ect.. (all customisable with user defined regions)

Everything was going swimmingly until nxt when suddenly printwindow and canvas copying from the HWND stopped working (because of OpenGL).

I am(was, will explain in a bit) certain the solution to my problems involves dwmregisterthumbnail  because I can get a simple  live duplicate of nxt using this.  I cannot however get the ICONIC_BITMAP attributes to deliver a bitmap thumbnail to me.  This is a me being ignorant failure - the approach is certain to work if I could just understand how.

Do you have any advice?  Can you tell me what I have to do !!!!

I noticed in the alt-1_nxt.zip package an imagecapture .dll.  Are you using .dll injection to get the opengl image?  how does your injector work? Could you explain it (if i could use it).  I am a little worried that it would be detected as a reflection attack by bot-watch? 

Happy to share any and all code I produce for this with you.  I am currently writing in delphi but might use .net if it becomes easier to use your iimagecapture.dll  that way (managed/unmanaged code interaction is a pita smile ).  Do you have oxygene .net for visual studio?  I'll still share the code but it probably won't bean that much to you as oxygene is an (expensive) implementation of the delphi/pascal language for .net and vstudio.

Last edited by Helen_LutjaSukiRS (2016-04-19 21:45:06)

#2 2016-04-20 00:13:15

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Request For Help With AFK Application (image Capture Problem)

I see you're running into the same problem as me. The dmw thumbnail stuff is completely off limits to normal non-microsoft developers as far as i know, you're allowed to get a rectangle thumbnail overlay and that's it. I've seen a youtube video of it getting hacked with undocumented function in windows vista but nothing since that. This really sucks as the thumbnail seem to always work with zero resource impact.

What i've been working on for nxt is converting the OBS (Open Broadcast Software) opengl capture code into something that gives single screenshots on request instead of blasting all frames towards your program.

Basically all game capture programs use injection to capture the games, this includes fraps, xbox game overlay, steam overlay, and OBS which means that Alt1 now also uses it. The dll basically intercepts call to the OpenGL api, so it stays far away from the actual game code. This approach seems to be accepted by jagex and they even did some slight hackery to make OBS work on NXT.
c5bw.png
(OBS has a hardcoded reference to "battlefield")

#3 2016-04-20 00:39:36

Helen_LutjaSukiRS

Thankyou! will let you know how i get on.

#4 2016-04-20 01:53:05

Helen_LutjaSukiRS

How far on is your capture on request .dll?  Which one in the  release is it?  Any chance you could give me the information needed to use it?

#5 2016-04-27 00:58:41

Helen_LutjaSukiRS

hi again.  I see that you have opengl injection working.  Nothing I have tried has been able to succeed in creating a remote thread.  Even the 3rd party ncloader package has the same problem. Would you be willing to share the injector code or what dll (with exports) the useful code is in?

#6 2016-04-27 13:21:36

Wealth

This sounds like a really sick program. If you were planning on sharing it with everyone once its finished. Really hope you can get it working!

Board footer