#1 2016-05-01 02:42:09

Noobish Matt

Clue Solver not working

Hey, I've looked all over and can't seem to solve this by myself. I've tried tweaking things in Nvidia control panel, Windows settings and Runescape settings. Maybe you can tell me what is wrong. Everything worked perfectly fine until NXT  if that matters but now it wont even work in the Java client. I get this: http://puu.sh/oBV2a.jpg  whether I'm in OpenGL or Desktop capture, I'm trying to avoid OpenGL capture because of that causing the client to crash, but even at that- I can't get it to work in either mode. This is what my screen looks like if looking at that can show what setting or something I might have wrong: http://puu.sh/oBUEC.jpg. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Noobish Matt (2016-05-01 02:45:38)

#2 2016-05-01 03:08:59

Noobish Matt

Re: Clue Solver not working

I seem to have solved this finally, guess I should have waited to post. I went into Nvidia control panel and reset it to factory then changed every setting one by one and re-launched the client after each change until it stopped detecting the home teleport button. Apparently having "Antialiasing - FXAA" set as "on" was the culprit. With that set to off, Alt-1 works again. The game looks terrible IMO compared to with it on but at least I can do some clues again.

#3 2016-05-01 10:43:03

Skillbert
Administrator

This is a known issue. I'm not really sure why nvidia defaults this setting to on for some people, but there are way better alternatives. This setting basically just blurs everything in your game including interfaces. You can turn on AA in the NXT client to only blur around edges in the 3d world.

#4 2016-05-01 18:07:54

Noobish Matt

Alright, I had trouble finding it as an issue when I was trying to solve it- must have been looking in the wrong places. Oddly enough I know for an absolute fact that I tried turning that off yesterday before I made this post- it wasn't until I reset it to default and then tried it again that it fixed it. That part has me baffled but at least its fixed now.

Board footer