#1 2016-10-28 21:39:10

Adje Donnie

Image detection problem [Long-lasting]

Hi, I've been trying to find a solution to my problem for a few weeks now, without luck unfortunately..
Whenever I click on "unlock any" when trying to solve my clues, it keeps giving me the error: "couldn't find any clue on your screen".
In the Alt1 Settings under "capture" it says:

-DirectX Capture (also tried DirectX on both the java client and nxt for this option):
- "DirectX seems to be working correctly."
- "Alt1 failed to find the home teleport button in-game. Image detection might not be working correctly."

-OpenGL Capture (Also tried OpenGL on both the java and nxt client):
- "OpenGL capture seems to be working correctly."
- "Alt1 failed to find the home teleport button in-game. Image detection might not be working correctly."

-Desktop capture (both nxt and java)
- " You seem to be using high DPI scaling. This windows feature is not compatible with desktop capture. You can disable DPI scaling for runescape only, or completely."

I also tried all of the advanced settings under other -> advanced settings, without luck.

In addition to above: I am not using high DPI scaling and I'm on windows 8.1 - '1920 x 1080' and Intel HD graphics.

If needed, please tell me what screenshots I need to provide!

Thanks in advance,

Adje Donnie.

#2 2016-10-29 16:07:08

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Image detection problem [Long-lasting]

This is probably related to your graphics card driver settings or another program you use to change how games look.

The most common cause is antialiasing forced to on in the nvidia control panel. All nvidia render settings should be on "let the application decide".

#3 2016-11-02 06:56:46

Adje Donni

Skillbert wrote:

This is probably related to your graphics card driver settings or another program you use to change how games look.

The most common cause is antialiasing forced to on in the nvidia control panel. All nvidia render settings should be on "let the application decide".

This didn't work unfortunately..

I don't have an nvidia control panel, I do have an intel control panel and those settings are on "let the application decide".

Anything else I can try?

#4 2016-11-02 09:37:06

Skillbert
Administrator

Can you post a screenshot of the game? in particular the number on a stackable item in your inventory says a lot about your render mode.

#5 2016-11-03 17:19:19

Adje Donni

Skillbert wrote:

Can you post a screenshot of the game? in particular the number on a stackable item in your inventory says a lot about your render mode.

Alright,
here's a screenshot:
screenshot

#6 2016-11-03 20:28:42

Skillbert
Administrator

You are using DPI scaling, i can't say much else about the image as it's both scaled and compressed as jpg.
You should double check if the capture settings preview is showing the complete game window. If that's not it it has to be a different program interfering with runescape's rendering.

#7 2016-11-07 18:23:00

Siren

Skillbert wrote:

You are using DPI scaling, i can't say much else about the image as it's both scaled and compressed as jpg.
You should double check if the capture settings preview is showing the complete game window. If that's not it it has to be a different program interfering with runescape's rendering.

Did you consider it could be due to the changes to the puzzle colors made a few weeks ago, in favor of color blind players (causing the app to stop working sometimes)?

#8 2016-11-07 18:49:11

Skillbert
Administrator

Yea i fixed that in a separate update the next day. Is the knot solver still not working? Can you send me a screenshot the next time it fails?

#9 2016-11-09 16:37:23

Siren

Skillbert wrote:

Yea i fixed that in a separate update the next day. Is the knot solver still not working? Can you send me a screenshot the next time it fails?

I don't know, I haven't done clues since, but I will again, soon, and let you know how it goes. Though I noticed that others are having issues still, is why I mentioned it. A question though...did your update affect the website version of the knot solver, or only the software application?

#10 2016-11-09 17:26:06

Skillbert
Administrator

It affects both versions. The Alt1 app just combines with knot solver, slide solver and the clue reader/map into the same app.

Board footer