#1 2017-07-20 00:46:59

rslegacy

Force-quitting/will not take input

Hi,

Over the last few days, the entire alt1 program either crashes when I attempt to open the clue solver (or any other feature for that matter, tried on several others too), or if I do somehow manage to get it open, the clue is opened on the screen but the clue solver does not recognize it. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times although this hasn't changed anything. I've also tried using all 3 of the different capture options. While changing between them, alt1 will either crash completely and force-quit, or it will stay open and say that it is unable to find the home teleport button and that image detection may not be working properly. Since I've used all of the capture options and re-installed several times I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. If anybody has a fix or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 2017-07-20 01:43:12

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Force-quitting/will not take input

I assume that opengl capture is the one that crashes when you try it out. The same thing will happen when you try to open an app as Alt1 will try out all modes at that point. There can be a lot of causes for this.
It could be your antivirus deleting files without telling you, this has been reported in the past. Make sure that the file named Alt1Native.dll still exist in this folder "%appdata%\..\local\alt1toolkit\app-1.4.5".
Alt1 should have done this for you, but it can also because visual c++ redistributable 2015 is missing. You can download it here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=48145. You need to the 32 bit version (x86).

#3 2017-07-20 02:26:01

rslegacy

Re: Force-quitting/will not take input

Hey thanks for the reply,

I checked that folder and made sure the file you mentioned hadn't been deleted (the file was still there). Checked the link you sent me but the download failed because "another version is already installed", so I'm not sure if there are any other options for what could be causing these problems.

Board footer