#1 2017-08-06 10:34:26

Thejoindemand

Antivirus says alt 1 toolkit is a virus/trojan. ( Gen:Atc4.Detection)

Hello people on RuneApps forum, today i got a problem/issue with the runeapp alt 1 toolkit.

As for 2 days ago, i got my computer back from repair after my motherboard died and created a huge mess on both of my SSD's in terms of software. i got My computer back now with a complete legit fresh install of windows 8.1 PRO 64 bit.

I used alt 1 toolkit before certainly well before my computer became unusable but now after i downloaded alt 1 toolkit my antivirus directly suspends the program and Puts it In quarantine with ransomware protection kicking in. My antivirus sees it as Gen:Atc4.Detection and i dont know why.

I tried installing it with my antivirus off (Bitdefender 2018 professional) and it worked for the first 5 Mins, but than my antivirus makes itself turn on and Blocks a incomming TCP (6) connection without a IP adress and sends alt 1 toolkit program, folders and items in quarantine and i dont know what i should Do now so i think i Would post over this problem and before reply, i wont use alt 1 toolkit for safety (My runescape account is something PRECIOUS to me)

EDIT: here is a VirusTotal scan and i am starting to think its a false positive. : https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/452b … 502017205/

Thanks already for the help and excuses for some possible spelling errors (english is not my native language).

Greetins,

~Thejoindemand.

Last edited by Thejoindemand (2017-08-06 11:11:15)

#2 2017-08-06 13:53:44

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Antivirus says alt 1 toolkit is a virus/trojan. ( Gen:Atc4.Detection)

Your antivirus is probably on an old virus database. If you just reinstalled it might not have updated yet. Most antiviruses rely on a white list and slap some random threat on anything that's not in that white list.

#3 2017-08-06 16:06:00

Thejoindemand

Hello skillbert.
Thanks for the relpy. i was suspecting something was off because i know this toolkit isnt anny harm by annything, so i will try to update or even completely download the latest antivirus if possible to see if it helped.

I will try this and if it wont work(i think it will) i will try to white-list all components of this.

I will keep you updated and thanks for the relpy.

~Thejoindemand

#4 2017-08-07 13:56:44

Thejoindemand

late update: should work fine, the new bitdefender antivirus database (which i updated today) can give certain false alarms regarding software due latest database, it has multible false alarms stated on there forum. everything works fine and i would like to thank you for this awesome runeapp toolkit for runescape! it helped ALOT!

Thanks for the help!

regards,

~Thejoindemand

Board footer