.menutab {
    top: 65px;
    left: 0;
}

#menu-clue {
    max-width: initial;
    margin: 0 5px;
}

When the clue is a coordinate clue, you can add an override class that makes it smaller:

#menu-clue .coordinate {
    max-width: 400px;
    margin: 0 5px;
}

This would be the end result: https://i.imgur.com/b8Ho59i.png

I have to do it every time I open the game, because it is terrible to use it when the thing stays above the unlock button.

#2 2017-09-09 15:49:13

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: CSS Change on Clue Solver

The menu is overlaying the unlock button on purpose, in the code you can that it took quite some effort to get it there. On your first screenshot you can see that there is a gap left over on the right which shows part of the unlock button. This gap is there for the exact use case you're talking about.

Why all this trouble? Screen real estate is really valuable and when you move the menu down you lose about a third of the usable map space.

Example of what it is trying to prevent.
WCiHi2N.png

#3 2017-09-09 22:48:40

Gidedin

Understood. Also, while we are at this, do you have any plans to port (at least the clue solver) to other languages? I would love to help to translate it to Portuguese (Brazilian).

#4 2017-09-10 05:57:21

Skillbert
Administrator

It can be done, besides the translating part it shouldn't be to hard. However, there is an awful lot to translate. If you can translate this file i can implement it. I also needs some images of some specials Portuguese characters how they appear in text clues. Things like the upside down question mark and accented characters and probably more.

Board footer