#1 2018-01-05 06:59:38

Treyms

Question about Alt1 and Runescape violation policies

I have seen posts that Jagex ruled Alt1 safe to use and not against rules, but what about any future app created; are they checked first to make sure their safe (no violations) before their release? I have seen posts on this site between a dev and the admin discussing something and how the thing the dev was trying to make would violate rules. Well if they didn't have the discussion and the dev posted the app and we used it resulting in a possible ban. So I guess my question is: Do the apps get checked before being made available? Is the program safe to use or is there possibility of malware/ being banned etc.

The alt1 Toolkit is very useful and I love it, I just do not want to risk anything. Thanks in advance.

#2 2018-01-05 18:39:58

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Question about Alt1 and Runescape violation policies

In it's current state Alt1 is incapable of breaking the rules. There are only a certain amount of things that apps are allowed to do and none of those break the rules. There have been suggested features in the past, and i've pointed out to those people that the only way to do that would be by breaking the rules and for that reason the feature wouldn't be added.

Board footer