#1 2018-04-02 17:09:48

WhiteFang

XPMeter: Eta to target

The XPMeter is already awesome by showing me how much xp/h I'm making.

It would be even better if I could also see how much time it'll take until my target is reached.

For example, when I'm 1m xp away from my target, and I'm earning 122,238 xp/hr, it would be awesome to know it'll take 8.18h (~8h 10min) to reach my target.
Targets could be read from the game (require to hover the kill so the app can read it from the screen?) or set manually (in case reading from the game is too complicated or would complicate the feature).

#2 2018-04-03 18:35:59

BlackDagger

Re: XPMeter: Eta to target

Yeah, I'd like to see that too.

#3 2018-04-03 19:31:54

Skillbert
Administrator

Sounds like a good idea. There is a little problem as Alt1 doesn't know your current xp in a skill. The hiscores are often outdated. But something relatively simple with the hover text should be possible.

#4 2018-04-05 20:51:38

WhiteFang

Skillbert wrote:

Sounds like a good idea. There is a little problem as Alt1 doesn't know your current xp in a skill. The hiscores are often outdated. But something relatively simple with the hover text should be possible.

To calc xp/h it needs to read/obtain xp drops from somewhere. If I'm not mistaken it requires the metrics window to be on-screen, which on its own can show the current xp in a skill, which could then again be read in the same way the xp drops are read to calc the xp/h.
Obviously this till leaves the gap to know the target you want to reach, hence my suggestion to make it read the text when hovering the/a specific skill (preferribly the skill select in the xpmeter window) since the tooltop/hover text shows remainder until target, which would be better to read anyway since you could snapshot that amount. (Keeping it in memory, and deducting each xp drop keep the remaining xp to target accurate; and with the xp/h known, you can easily calc the remaining time at the current xp/h. Obviously it'll shift up/down as xp/h shifts up/down too)

[edit]
You could keep a "searching..." text displayed (instead of ETA to target) while it's waiting for the hover over the right/current/selected skill to occur.

Last edited by WhiteFang (2018-04-05 20:53:56)

Board footer