#1 2015-06-02 01:18:51

trylledej

Calquat tree timer + screen recorder?

So I've noticed that there is no timer for the calquat tree under fruit trees, not a big deal anyways, but would be nice to have smile. Anyhow, I was thinking, is it in no way possible for the alt1 app to record the rs screen even though it is minimized? I'm pretty sure that programs such as fraps use some kind of game capturer which captures the video directly from the app, and it seems that with this program it is utiziling screenshots instead? Is there a specific reasoning to this, because I think it is a fairly big downside that it is not possible to track xp gains while the runescape window is minimized, or if a window is dragged in front of the tracker. Also, if you could add some way of opening this screen: http://i.gyazo.com/274922789d23d164523c081fcd29633a.png from runescape itself to allow easier opening of the apps, along with some kind of game screen capturer this addon would feel much more like it is supposed to be there. With 2 monitors, and watching movies at the same time it can be a bit troublesome when you have to open a new app
Anyways, thanks for this great rs add-on, and do keep up the great work! smile
Also, if you have a to-do list of some sort could you make a forum post where we can see it so we wont suggest something you're already working on, plus it would be exciting to see what you are working on big_smile

Last edited by trylledej (2015-06-02 01:27:25)

#2 2015-06-02 02:15:12

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Calquat tree timer + screen recorder?

So I've noticed that there is no timer for the calquat tree

Good point, just added it under the 'special' group.

Anyhow, I was thinking, is it in no way possible for the alt1 app to record the rs screen even though it is minimized?

I've always planned to do the hidden window capture, however I found out that it is a lot more complicated than it looks and there several big drawbacks.
First of all, Fraps is a LOT more cheaty than it looks. It injects code into every running process on your computer. Code injection is against the rules and possibly might get detected as a bot.
Secondly, this is way freaking harder to program than it looks, I've already done a fair amount of research and I'm still nowhere =/.
Third, it requires administrator privilege. I would have to ask everyone to trust me with full unrestricted access to their computer, which is not really something I want to request from my users.
This is still something I want to do, however I want to contact Jagex about it first.
Getting this would not only allow for leet afk, but it would also fix all windows 8 display scaling issues, which is also something i want to solve.

Also, if you have a to-do list of some sort could you make a forum post where we can see it so we wont suggest something you're already working on, plus it would be exciting to see what you are working on big_smile

I'm planning on getting a development forums section up.

Also, if you could add some way of opening this screen:(img) from runescape itself.

Most apps have so called 'activator phrases'. When you press alt+1 and it reads this text, it will open the corresponding app. You can see what they are in the bookmark settings of an app. (press ctrl+d in an app, or click the settings button in the app list in the settings menu.)
For example, the clue solver will open when you press alt+1 over the rext 'read clue scroll'.

#3 2015-06-02 10:07:50

trylledej

Ahh, well I was looking around and found this https://jp9000.github.io/OBS/general/whatcapture.html
They have a short description and they only warn about injecting code in the 'game capture' section. The window capture seems to work without injecting any code, with the downside being that you can not capture games in fullscreen mode, but I doubt anyone uses that, and with your toolkit you can easily use borderless instead.
They have their source code available here: https://github.com/jp9000/OBS and I was hoping it might give you some ideas.
You've probably found something like this already, and it probably injects code anyways but I thought I'd give it a shot big_smile
Good luck, and I hope you find something!

Last edited by trylledej (2015-06-02 10:08:21)

#4 2015-06-02 10:39:07

Skillbert
Administrator

Very nice find, I've been looking everywhere to find a way to get window capture to work but it seemed to be shielded of by windows when i looked. Right now Alt1 uses desktop capture, which is a major obstacle as one capture/second is already very noticeable on windows 7.

Board footer