#1 2018-08-08 20:20:09

Skillbert
Administrator

[installed] Ability Tracker App

This app keeps track of your ability usage and shows your expected dps independent of gear or RNG.

If this app isn't working make sure you have cooldown seconds display enabled in the rs settings.

Common problems:

• You need to have cooldown number display enabled for this to work. (rs settings->interface->Toggle ability cooldown timer)

• It's depends on your buff bars being visible and nothing overlapping them. If the monster hp bar overlay crosses the buff display it will mess buff detection. Either move your buffs to the lower half of your screen or lock the hp bar in place.

• It will only track abilities on actions bars, not in the ability books.

• It might detect to many auto attacks when your adrenaline is at 100%

Streamer mode:

• Click the broadcast button in order to start broadcasting your ability usage to the runeapps servers.

• An interface will show up with some info. Click the Copy URL button to get your unique streaming url.

• Add a browser layer in your streaming software and paste the url.

• You can no minimize the alt1 app if you want. The overlay will stop if you close it.

• The url will be the same for subsequent sessions, all you need to do is open the app again and click the broadcast button.

Use interact mode in OBS (or equivalent) to move, toggle or scale the separate overlays. Make sure the browser resolution is the same as your stream to prevent blur, there is a scaling option in order to zoom.

Last edited by Skillbert (2019-04-17 13:07:16)

#2 2018-08-31 20:52:56

itrolledu

Re: [installed] Ability Tracker App

Really looking forward to this as an extension. Will be trying it out today. Will be awesome when the twitch extension goes live.

Also will there be a simpler mode? I think for a viewing experience you don't really need to see the ticks and stuff, unless that's what the extension will be.

Last edited by itrolledu (2018-08-31 20:57:07)

#3 2018-09-01 02:46:21

Skillbert
Administrator

There are a couple of problems with this right now. I'm thinking of just scrapping the twitch extension part and just making the app window the display for all viewers.

• Like you mentioned it isn't really optimal for viewers right now. I also didn't think of 4taa when i started this and only now realized how overpowered this bug actually is. There is no way to detect it in-game tho so viewers wouldn't be able to see it.

• There are also some technical problems. The current public version of Alt1 lags the interface a little when capturing so the sliding animation doesn't run properly.

• The Twitch review process also failed the first time because apparently you need to have a dummy stream online publicly when they do the review. So basically i have to run a stream for 3 days. It haven't retried it yet. There are also some bugs and other issues that Twitch haven't fixed yet.

• I am also using a new programming process for this app that all future apps will use, so that's taking a lot of extra effort.

I am not actively working on it right now. If you want to use it in it's current form the Alt1 zoom function might be helpful (ctrl + and ctrl -)

#4 2018-09-01 05:37:42

itrolledu

Ah ok I see. Well it works fine, theres a few bugs like sometimes it shows me using like 5 abilities at once for some reason but for the most part it's pretty good. Most people liked it so would be awesome if you continued to develop it. Don't mind using it how it is now though!

#5 2018-12-17 06:14:08

Wurbo

Was looking into this today. I'd love to see this turn into a tool that could help teach me better ability management. Basically report on what I'm doing right and what I could do better.

#6 2019-04-21 12:41:54

MC

Minor Bug: When auto-detecting secondary action bars, any bar using action bar 10 is not recognised.

#7 2019-04-28 07:22:20

DcVamps

A couple of small bugs:

Will occasionally not read the primary ability bar, but will read all secondary bars - moving/resizing the primary bar, then resetting the bar capture seems to work to clear bug, allowing you to reset you interface to how it was before, then resetting bar capture again to read primary in normal interface location

(unknown if intended) When switching styles, the abilities displayed in the tracker will not update to the new combat style, requiring you to reset the bar capture.

Will occasionally display multiple abilities, seems to happen if an ability is used just as one is coming off cooldown.
---
A side note: I would be willing to assist in adding functionality to track when potions are use, since they have a visible state difference when used. possibly even adding functionality to track on bar weapon switches, depending on the difficulty of tracking keyboard inputs and the displayed keybind. ~ otherwise would be cool to add these functions, but not required.

Great App overall, has helped me work on my rotations and ability timing in the couple days i've been using it with slayer.

#8 2019-04-28 07:38:02

DcVamps

Another small bug discovered right after writing the previous comment:
interface will cease to display abilities if open when in the lobby, app needs to be closed and reopened to work.

#9 2019-05-09 06:05:23

dpsdooood

Bug: missing Staff of Sliske SPECIAL ATK damage big_smile

#10 2019-12-09 19:18:03

sententia

where can i download this app?

#11 2020-08-19 14:36:14

Cet

Download Link?

#12 2020-08-19 15:00:56

Skillbert
Administrator

It's already there as one of the default apps

#13 2022-03-25 23:09:07

green42hike

Hi this is currently broken and not working with OBS, its been broken for a while kinda sad about it. Anyone still supporting this for a fix?

Board footer