#1 2015-05-24 16:02:32

Proulxs

How to use World map on Alt1 for compass

Hi, I've been using the alt1 toolkit for around 5 months for my knot and slide puzzle and I love it. But I never was able to make the world map work for compass clues.

With the recent update I though I would give it another try... and finally made a tiny breakthrough.
My problem was always that I wasn't able to make the map know which teleport I was trying to select.
Instructions say "Press alt+1 over the rightclick of any teleport"... but none that I try was working so I left it aside.

But recently I found that the comp cape teleports are working! So I finally been able to see how it was suppose to be used... And I tried other teleports. And nothing seem to work with it!

At first I was thinking only about the teleport from my standard spellbook but doesn't work.
I would have loved the Home teleport -loadstone screen to work since it's logic to use free teleport arounds to find clue... but doesn't work.
My comp cape work for Ardougne Monastery and Farming patch teleport... yet the Ardougne Cloak 4 doesn't work for these locations?

Ring of wealth don't work for Grand Exchange
Skill necklace work nowhere, Desert necklace don't work, Ring of duel don't work, Amulet of glory don't work, Explorer's ring don't work, Ectophial don't work... I don't get it!

Honestly it took me months to think about right-clicking cape might work for it, I only though about spellbook teleports and trying to make home teleport work. Is there a list somewhere of which teleport can be used so I can try to make a better triangulization? Because ardy monsatery and farm patch aren't far enough for a good job.

Also any chances of them being added? Desert amulet + comp cape + ring of wealth is usually what I use but my skill to put the arrow on a map are much more limited than alt-1.

TL;DR Which teleports work with Compass clues for World map markers.

#2 2015-05-24 18:30:27

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: How to use World map on Alt1 for compass

There are a lot of supported teleports. But now that you list them, it seems like I also missed a lot. I stripped the supported teleports from the code and pasted it below. I'll check into the again and also get a solution for some teleports without a clear right-click, like the games necklace.

Lodestones. Right-click the icon by the world map after the teleport, This will give you a right-click of the last teleport.
Lunar Isle
Fremennik Province
Wilderness Volcano
Eagles'? Peak
Seers'? Village
Burthorpe
Edgeville
Prifddinas
Ardougne
Catherby
Taverley
Falador
Varrock
Canifis
Tirannwn
Yanille
Karamja
Post Sarim
Draynor
Lumbridge
Al Kharid
Oo'? ?glog
Bandit Camp
Ashdale

Normal teleports/tabs
(Break|Cast) Lumbridge teleport
(Break|Cast) Falador teleport
(Break|Cast) Camelot teleport
(Break|Cast) Ardougne teleport
(Break|Cast) Varrock teleport
(Break|Cast) Mobilising Armies teleport
(Break|Cast) Watchtower teleport
(Break|Cast) God Wars Dungeon teleport
(Break|Cast) Ape Atoll teleport

Ancients
Cast Senntisten teleport
Cast Kharyrll teleport
Cast Lassar teleport
Cast Dareeyak teleport
Cast Carrallanger teleport
Cast Annakarl teleport
Cast Ghorrock teleport
Cast Moonclan teleport
Cast Ourania teleport
Cast South Falador teleport
Cast Waterbirth teleport
Cast Barbarian teleport
Cast North Ardougne teleport
Cast Khazard teleport
Cast Fishing Guild teleport
Cast Catherby teleport
Cast Ice Plateau teleport
Cast Trollheim teleport

Chipped POH tabs
Break Rellekka tablet
Break Rimmington tablet
Break Taverley tablet
Break Pollnivneach tablet
Break Yanille tablet
Break Trollheim tablet
Break Brimhaven tablet

Teleport scrolls
Read Lumber Yard Teleport
Read Pollnivneach Teleport
Read Bandit Camp Teleport
Read Phoenix Lair Teleport
Read Tai Bwo Wannai Teleport
Read Miscellania Teleport
Read Miscellania Teleport

Other
Lletya Crystal teleport
Teleport to Daemonheim Ring of kinship
Teleport (Witchdoctor mask|Juju teleport)
Kandarin Monastery (Hooded)? [cC]ompletionist
Ardougne Farm (Hooded)? [cC]ompletionist
Max Guild (Hooded)? ([cC]ompletionist|[mM]ax cape)
Nardah Desert amulet

#3 2015-05-25 23:32:40

Skillbert
Administrator

I found the problem while working on it. It was checking for the text with case sensitivity. I had the case of the word teleport wrong on 27!! teleports.
Fixed it now and added some menus to select the location on other jewelry. Sadly have to wait for the next big update to upload this as it depends on other updates.

#4 2015-05-26 08:54:11

Proulxs

Wonderfull!!!!
Lodestone will come in really handy, thanks for telling me how to use them I would never have though about using the right click home on minimap

I'm suprised to see that Prifddinas lodestone is accepted since the compass map cannot work there since Priff is considered as being upstair. Same goes for Max Guild

Is this list those who should be working atm? Because Dg and Desert aren't working nor are standark spellbook Cast.
If not, is it the list of those who should/will work post update? Because if it is I really wonder why comp have ardy cloak teleports listed in but the ardy cloak itself doesn't (I would understand cloak 1 since it prob just say Teleport and lead to Monastery without actually saying Kandarin Monastery) And I would love to see Grand exchange from Ring of Wealth added. (plz)

Last edited by Proulxs (2015-05-26 09:11:48)

#5 2015-05-26 21:04:44

Skillbert
Administrator

That is the list right now including 27 teleports that don't work. Update is hopefully later this week.

#6 2015-06-03 19:20:13

Proulxs

Grand exchange work now!!! woot thanks!

Nardah (Desert amulet 4) doesn't still though, but with ge that's already so much better! Great work!

Last edited by Proulxs (2015-06-03 19:20:33)

#7 2015-06-03 20:12:54

Skillbert
Administrator

Fixed smile

#8 2015-06-10 21:56:49

Proulxs

Hi, me again. The annoying Proulxs whining about the teleports.

So I was reading the list to add some teleport to my markings to make them easier, and found that:
Many teleport work only when worn like Nardah or Daemonheim because the text is reverse;
"Teleport to Daemonheim Ring of kinship" become "Ring of kinship Teleport to Daemonehim" if not worn

Lletya teleport from the crystal doesn't seem to work. Might be because I have more than just the basic one now? Like when you first receive it it's just Activate or something but now with the temple and priff it say "Lletya Crystal teleport seed (1-4)"

God wars teleport tablet don't seem to work.

And here's some teleports I would love or just would be nice in a complete solution to be added;
Cabbage-port (free, illimited, easy to be acceed)
Ectophial (free, illimited, help mapping of haunted woods easier in conjugation with the Canifis lodestone)
Digsite amulet (cover a much needed region near digsite, sawmill, exam center, east of varrock and the Salve temple)
Amulet of Glory (was widely used at some point, cover 4 points in the f2p section of the world... but also mean it would be logic to add combat bracelet, skill necklace)
Fairy ring?? not sure about this one, much harder to add since it would need a different input. probably based on image recognition to make up the code unless you use the more clearer text on the right list...

Okay okay I stop asking more. Seriously, love this tool! After the celtic knot it's my fav.

#9 2015-06-12 10:49:57

Skillbert
Administrator

Added the new ones you suggested. It seems that older versions might get stuck in cache, so you might have to right-click the app->reload to get the update. The other teleports that you mentioned work for me, it might have been the same cache problem.
I'm always looking to improve, so keep coming with the teleports smile

#10 2015-06-15 12:10:42

Proulxs

Hi, I reloaded the app and now dungeoneering and nardah both work worn or not thanks. (Edit: Now dg doesn't work unworn weird)

Digsite work worn or not, fairy ring and ectophial work perfectly, but explorer's ring 4 only work when worn.

Lletya crystal and Port Sarim lodestone doesn't seem to work for some reasons... But I found out that if I alt-1 while "Teleport" is seen (example if I right-click the home teleport or one of the lodestone on the lodestone map) it will open a drop-list of all lodestone so you can pick one without having to actually teleport there, really useful thanks!

Since Sarim wasn't working I went on and tested other lodestone and they all seem to work. But I then started to test the standard, Zaros and Lunar teleports and found many not working: Camelot, Mobilishing Armies, God war dungeon, Trollheim (standard spellbook, it work on lunar) Ape Atoll, Dareeyak, Carralanger, Moonclan, Waterbird, Khazard, Fishing Guild and Ice plateau.

And I was looking at fairy rings and I found a way they could be used. It's quite alot of work though and I would not really use them for clue hunting but I though I might tell you this if you wish to make the tool more versatile;
When you right-click a fairy ring from your favourite list or from the complete list on the right it show the code like: "A L S" so it could be added in theory.

Proulxs

Last edited by Proulxs (2015-06-19 14:24:41)

#11 2015-07-06 04:00:11

nicarasu

I'm having a similar issue, but I can't get any of the teleports to work!

#12 2015-07-08 03:22:17

Proulxs

To make them work you have to mouse over the text of the teleport then hit alt-1. But when they say "text" what is implied is the right-click drop list of the teleports. Normally the clue solver app should switch to map on the 2nd tool and display the name of the teleport. You then click that box when you arrive at destination.

As shown in this pic:

• Right-click a teleport/accepted teleport item or the Home button on the map to display last lodestone used

• Click Alt-1 while your mouse is highlighting it (1)

• Click the button (2) once at the teleport arrival and after a second a red line should appear on the map

• repeat few places and get approximate localization.

aNVbd0n.png

If this doesn't help, which step is blocking? You press alt-1 and nothing happens or ...? if so which teleport are you trying and using which interface.

Board footer