#1 2020-08-25 20:20:23

quacc

New clue solver & afkwarden issues [solved]

For the past week or so I've been experiencing trouble with the two mentioned apps within alt1, being the two I use almost exclusively.

Clue solver: Only happens on master clues. Whenever I open a lockbox or towers puzzle with clue solver open, the window will flash white and go completely blank, including dumping the unlock button. The only way I can get back to using it for clues is if I close and reopen the app. https://pasteboard.co/Jo31kkI.png shows my full game screen with this happening.

Afkwarden: Seems to happen with every preset. The lobby timer still works properly, but none of the rest of the alarms do, including full inventory, gathered artefacts in archaeology, and seren spirits. I've checked the settings on this one to make sure it isn't an issue of chopped off or miscoloured text and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong there. The alarms just do not register things happening on my screen and thus don't ping or update the taskbar icon accordingly anymore.

Alt1 doesn't seem to have any problem capturing my screen at all. My home teleport button is easily detected, I can do every other type of clue without the window blanking on me. I've checked and rechecked my capture settings, firewall, internet, drivers, and even tried disabling f.lux (blue light filter) to see if the problem would right itself. Reinstalling did nothing to help it and at this point I have no idea what could possibly be the underlying issue.

Last edited by quacc (2020-10-04 00:24:41)

#2 2020-08-25 21:22:54

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: New clue solver & afkwarden issues [solved]

Can you double-check that you're on the latest (1.5.5) version in alt1 settings->other.

Next time this happens can you open the console by rightclicking the app and the inspect element and going to the console tab. Can you send any red error text that appears there?

#3 2020-08-26 14:42:33

quacc

Can confirm I'm on the latest version.

I'm out of master clues to check the clue solver issue but the afkwarden one was doable and there was... a lot. And the number of errors in the corner is increasing steadily. Between taking the screenshot and posting this I'm now at 1300. https://pasteboard.co/JoafMy8.png

Last edited by quacc (2020-08-26 14:43:03)

#4 2020-08-26 14:58:57

Skillbert
Administrator

You seem to have turned off some permissions for default apps in the alt1 settings. You can turn them on again in the settings, click an app in the installed app list and check all the checkboxes on the bottom right.

#5 2020-08-26 15:52:09

quacc

Having overlay off was the problem, then. Thanks for that heads up. I turned it off months ago because I couldn't make overlays get off my screen unless I closed alt1 completely. That doesn't appear to be a problem anymore, now that I've turned it back on. Thanks again for your help!

Last edited by quacc (2020-08-26 18:03:10)

Board footer