#1 2020-10-04 00:37:47

quacc

Second screen + afkwarden [solved]

I've recently started using my laptop connected to a monitor in a way that sets the monitor to screen 1 and my laptop to screen 2. Now when they're connected and I have runescape onto my laptop's screen (screen 2), afkwarden won't ping for full inventory, seren spirits or blessings. Weirdly enough, when I drag my runescape window over to the monitor (screen 1) it will immediately ping if one of those messages is still in my chat box. Same deal for unplugging the laptop from the monitor to default it back to screen 1. I still get pings for artefacts and when I open the gear for the other options it detects my chat box perfectly, but it just won't ping for them when I have it open on screen 2.

I've tried all three options in capture settings and they seem to work fine - I even checked to make sure overlay was on properly after my last settings mishap. I haven't been able to find anything to explain why this is happening, but I may just be missing something in the way I'm searching.

In short: what have I done to make overlay break on a second screen?

Last edited by quacc (2020-10-04 22:24:53)

#2 2020-10-04 02:53:01

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Second screen + afkwarden [solved]

You probably have a slightly different screen size on your second screen, you should restart the afkwarden app when you change the size of your rs client (you can simply rightclick->reload)

#3 2020-10-04 22:24:39

quacc

Re: Second screen + afkwarden [solved]

I didn't think the different screen sizes would be the issue since they're both the same resolution, but that tracks, and the quick reload does solve the problem. Thanks very much smile

Board footer