#1 2022-02-14 16:09:31

Browser72

Android App

I got back into Runescape back in May of last year because of the Android App.  I rarely play on my computer any more.

But when I did play on my computer, I found Alt1 and discovered I couldn't live without it!

I know that Android allows for the same "draw-over-app" display as is done on the PC.  And I believe it can also be used to read the screen.  Although that may require root access.

Is an Android App for Alt1 feasible?

#2 2022-02-14 19:51:16

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Android App

The main problem is that it would take a rewrite starting from absolutely nothing. The mobile interfaces use different graphics, they also have a lot more scaling modes than you wont normally notice.

From a technical point of view i'm also not 100% sure if it could work, i looked into it a little and screen capture on android seemed extremely limited. I tried digging into it a while ago and i couldn't find any way to capture the rs area below the would-be overlay like alt1 for desktop does.
Android app overlays are also quite limited for what i could find, so the app overlays would be quite unwieldy in size and position. Making the already dire need for screen real estate on desktop way worse.

So in short, don't expect anything like this any time soon

Board footer