#1 2022-07-08 08:07:18

Californ1a

Jank Autosplitter (clue timer)

Jank Autosplitter, jank because it relies on a non-standard deprecated feature in chrome to write text blobs into a file in the browser's virtual filesystem for LiveSplit integration. LS integration can be disabled in the options if that becomes an issue in the future.

* Add to Alt1

* View in browser

* GitHub repo

I believe a few others have also made clue timer apps previously, but as far as I know, they're private, or at least none of them have been posted here, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes releasing this before someone else got a chance to polish/released their own timer (though having multiple options is always great, different looks and settings).

Preview

One important thing to note is that you need timestamps enabled in your chat for it to work. It uses timestamps to make sure it doesn't split twice for the same clue.

Originally I made this for LiveSplit integration about a year ago (with a really, really janky method that I've now cleaned up to use LS's asl scripts instead) and didn't have any in-app UI or anything else until a few weeks ago. Recently I figured I already had all the logic set up for when to split and slapped a UI in the app with some options to config how you'd like it to work. I prefer using LS because you can save the splits, track history, compare against personal bests, average segments and best segments, and there's a ton more layout customization, so my initial implementation only worked with LS, but the app will work on its own without LS now if you just want to use it independently.

Once installed, you can use the start button or right-click a clue, hover over the Open option, and hit Alt+1 to start the timer, and there's an option you can set to auto-stop after a certain amount of clues completed. LS integration will also auto-start when the in-app timer starts, and reset when you hit Clear.

-----

There are some extra steps needed to get the LiveSplit integration working if you want to use LS. The readme with full explanation is here, but the basic gist is:

Download the autosplitter.asl file (right-click -> save link as). Then open LiveSplit, right-click it, hit edit layout, the + button, and add the "Scriptable Auto Splitter" component. Then go to Layout Settings and the Scriptable Auto Splitter tab, and browse to that asl file. You might have to edit the asl file in notepad or some other text editor to point it to the right folder in Alt1's chrome cache, but the default folder will probably work for most (check the full readme for more detailed info on what needs editing if it isn't working by default).

-----

Here's a (somewhat laggy) demo doing a stack of hards:
https://youtu.be/rNE_mnz2ptI

And a LS integration setup guide if you prefer a video over the written readme:
https://youtu.be/GSRyswuLlYE?t=95

The options also allow you to set up a different chat line to split at, so theoretically you could set this up to split for things other than clues if you wanted to; maybe boss kills or something like that would work well. I haven't tested with anything other than clues.

Board footer