#1 2015-09-03 11:07:10

Skillbert
Administrator

Problem with installing

I'm moving this discussion over to the forums so its a little easier to read and write

bile777d wrote:

I just simply says Application cannot be started, please contect your vendor. That is the only info your app is telling me. Don't get me wrong you app is great was very helpful on Windows 8, but windows ever moves on. I'm not on a Preview build of Windows 10 by the way. I'am Windows 10 home, 32-bit. Just hope there is a fix soon, I believe the problem occurs when downloading packages from server, but then ever the faq ones don't work. it's on the "Launching Application" popup that appear just after you click the setup executable.

#2 2015-09-03 11:14:54

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Problem with installing

I can reassure you that the problem is not windows 10 itself. Some other program required by alt1 is not installed properly or corrupted on your computer.

A common problem is a corrupted click-once cache. You can reset it manually by following these steps

1. Press the windows button on your keyboard and 'R' at the same time, this will show a quick run window.

2. Paste this line and press enter. rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

This should clear the cache and allow you to run the application.

#3 2015-09-03 11:20:18

bile777d

Just tried what you have posted, but with no luck - same problem still occurs. By any chance, what programs are required by application again? just so I can manually make sure they are all there or not.

P.S I appreciate the help

Last edited by bile777d (2015-09-03 11:24:52)

~ Bile777d

#4 2015-09-03 11:30:57

bile777d

This is a full error report:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows             : 10.0.10240.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime     : 4.0.30319.42000
    System.Deployment.dll         : 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    clr.dll             : 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
    dfdll.dll             : 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    dfshim.dll             : 10.0.10240.16384 (th1.150709-1700)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : http://runeapps.org/downloads/alt1/Rune … pplication

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of http://runeapps.org/downloads/alt1/Rune … pplication resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [03/09/2015 12:29:58] : Activation of http://runeapps.org/downloads/alt1/Rune … pplication has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [03/09/2015 12:29:58] System.NullReferenceException
        - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        - Source: System
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Net.WebRequest.get_PrefixList()
            at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase)
            at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
            at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
            at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

~ Bile777d

#5 2015-09-03 12:49:20

Skillbert
Administrator

The error is happening outside of Alt1 code. It is likely to be caused by a problem with your .NET installation. Alt1 requires .NET framework 4.5 or higher. You can try to (re)install it.

The manual install should also bypass this problem, however you wont get updates automatically. Make sure to install the latest (1.1.2) version.
http://runeapps.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=76

#6 2015-09-03 13:14:23

bile777d

Manual install simply won't launch the program.

I will try and re-install .Net Framework and get back to you on the results.

~ Bile777d

#7 2015-09-03 13:28:13

bile777d

still no luck sad

~ Bile777d

#8 2015-09-03 13:30:03

bile777d

The error from manual install of Alt1:

Alt1 error report
Version: 1.1.2
The configuration section 'connectionStrings' has an unexpected declaration.
   at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_ConnectionStrings()

at System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.get_ConnectionStrings()

at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName, Object propertyValue)

at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value)

at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value)

at Runeapps.Alt1.Config.Reset()

at Runeapps.Alt1.Alt1ApplicationContext.Startup(Object pointlessarg1, EventArgs pointlessarg2)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at Runeapps.Alt1.Program.Main(String[] args)

~ Bile777d

#9 2015-09-03 19:02:38

Skillbert
Administrator

I really don't know why this is happening. Can you make sure you extracted all the files from the zip and that no antivirus is messing around with the files? AVG antivirus likes to delete random files.

#10 2015-09-04 08:35:29

bile777d

Confirmed. All files were extracted not using avg personally, but I have tried the disabling antivirus and installing but to no avail. Granted I have managed to successfully install this on my laptop (which has the same windows 10 home) and it's completely fine thus far. But it seems to reject my desktop computer (one i primarily use for gaming).

So It's definitely confirmed I is a problem my end and not your end (which I was afraid of lol...), when you asked me to enter that command before it didn't work so I had to clear things manually, but that didn't seem to resolve anything.

Anyways I appreciate the help you have given me, and thank you for such an awesome program!! All is not lost, If I need help with me clues - just temporarily switch to me laptop tongue

~ Bile777d

#11 2015-10-06 12:14:31

Michael2494

This same error was happening to me, telling me the application cannot be started. A lot of antivirus softwares delete files without telling you so I temporarily disabled mine and the install worked fine. Hopefully this helps.

Board footer