#1 2024-08-11 03:41:22

A Partyhat

Can't Load 3rd Party Alt1 Apps Due To Windows Limitations

I can't link 3rd party app plugins due to needing the standalone 1.5.6 version, which isn't hooked into windows at all, so it doesn't recognize it as an app. I've tried doing a custom protocol linked to that standalone version, but windows doesn't allow custom protocols for some absolutely bizarre reason so I just load the ones I can into my alt1 browser, if they have a browser version, and bookmark. That's my workaround for now.

In case anyone sees this and has a fix, please let me know. This is what I see for every single app attempt since it's not an "official" application. No alt1 choice in Default apps or "set defaults by app" .

https://i.imgur.com/Kja8wDd.png

#2 2024-08-11 08:57:52

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: Can't Load 3rd Party Alt1 Apps Due To Windows Limitations

You can definitely add 3rd party apps in the standalone version.

First thing to check is if you go to alt1 settings-other, toggle the checkbox enable alt1 links in browser off and on again.

If that doesn't work the alternative method is to open the alt1 built-in browser and either click the install link from this forum post there or open the browser version (in the alt1 browser) and then click the add app that appears on the top right of the browser window.

Also, may i ask whats wrong with 1.6.0? It didn't add many features, but fixed a lot of issues. There is only one known issue that happens for a few people.

Board footer