#1 2024-09-05 00:52:26

Xerosese

Clue Solver Slide Puzzle keeps re-solving during guide

I've been having this issue since I reinstalled the 1.6 version of Alt1, but very frequently when attempting to unlock a "Slide" puzzle, It begins to guide me before interrupting itself. It starts the guide, gets a seemingly random number of steps in, and then "solved" changes back to "solving" and ceases the guide. It is able to capture the puzzle window just fine, able to solve without issue, but constantly interrupts itself when the puzzle changes due to me following the steps provided by the overlay guide.

#2 2024-09-11 16:12:27

Xerosese

Re: Clue Solver Slide Puzzle keeps re-solving during guide

I can throw an update in this now, it appears to be most if not all applications that overlay on the screen. The "Clue Trainer" 3rd party plugin does the exact same thing. It reads, overlays the solution, and then seems to forget that it was in the middle of the overlay and "redetects" the puzzle, restarting the solving process again.

#3 2024-09-11 18:51:45

Xerosese

Re: Clue Solver Slide Puzzle keeps re-solving during guide

Thanks to a bunch of help from Leridon on the Discord, we were able to confirm that this issue occurs because V-Sync isn't on. As a result, alt1's screen capture gets occasional frames of invalid garbage and the app thinks the puzzle was closed.

Also good to find out, "low" settings on the RS3 client turns off V-Sync for some reason. Maybe some check included in the Capture settings to ensure V-Sync is enabled to prevent this in the future?

Board footer