#1 2015-12-06 08:10:00

Gren

More XpMeter problems

Since the last time XpMeter was fixed, it has worked decently, but most the time I try to use it with NIS interfaces it has trouble finding the xp counters, and it prefers to take random numbers out of the chat box instead. Works perfectly fine in legacy interfaces however.
Additionally, I use the tracker to count my kills for champion scrolls because I like to keep stats on stuff like that. When I am cannoning occasionally I will get double kills that adds a count for a xp drop at double the xp of the normal kill. This is fine as when I write down my KC ill just figure out the whole number with some math, but lately the xp count for the double xp drops has been disappearing. Here are some screenies for example:

http://i.imgur.com/zq5rSJX.png 736 single kiils and 106 double kills, but in this:

http://i.imgur.com/uBBWDAy.png 2 minutes later the double kills just disappear. Occasionally they will come back with the full count still there but I believe it only comes back when I get another double kill which is annoying if I already ended my trip.

If you want a screenie from when it wont find the xp tracker in NIS interface then let me know.

#2 2015-12-06 14:20:36

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: More XpMeter problems

It's supposed to merge uncommon larger xp drops into smaller xp drops for cases like this where you can get double xp drops. In your screenshots it looks like it fails to actually add 2 xp drops for every larger xp drop that is merged. I'm looking into that right now.
Your first screenshot has exactly 7 times as many smaller xp drops, which also happens to be the threshold before it is allowed to merge the larger xp drops. This is the reason it seems to be disappearing randomly after every drop.

When searching for the xp meters it looks for the most numbers aligned above each other, if you only have one xp counter it might go for a number in your chat box.

#3 2015-12-06 14:51:12

Skillbert
Administrator

Found the problem and fixed it. It was only adding 2 xp drops for the double drops, instead of 2 time the amount of merged xp drops.

#4 2015-12-06 18:24:41

Gren

Oh alright that makes actually a lot of sense. Thanks for the help again!

#5 2015-12-06 22:08:30

Jackie

I also found an issue where it does not scan the XP drops coming from the "Lots" exp bar. Is there any way to fix this?

#6 2015-12-07 00:52:48

Gren

Jackie wrote:

I also found an issue where it does not scan the XP drops coming from the "Lots" exp bar. Is there any way to fix this?

It doesn't even look at Lots! trackers at all. I am not sure he might be able to add functionality for it but I am not sure about the technical details with it.

#7 2015-12-07 05:33:03

Gren

I did some messing around and it seems like my main problem in EoC interface is it is picking up the ability bar (I think the prayer points specifically) over the xp tracker. http://runeapps.org/i/bmg3 it always gives me 3990 xp but if I resize the action bar so the numbers on the hp/prayer doesnt show then it will find my xp tracker just fine.

#8 2015-12-07 13:16:13

Skillbert
Administrator

The problems with lots counters is that there is no way to reliably read the xp drops from them. There is no way to see the difference between a 30xp drop and two 30xp drops after each other, which makes them pointless.
I'm thinking about using the skill icons as a way to tell the counters apart from random numbers, i didn't expect to be able to read those icons when i first made it.

I would recommend resetting one of your lots counters for now so you have at least 2 counters display a number, this will fix it for now. There is no difference between one or two lots counters anyway.

#9 2015-12-07 22:19:51

Gren

Alright. After I get a screenie of my third lots counter I will probably remove 2 but for now I'll just make do for now since I have figured out how to hide the things that are messing with it

#10 2015-12-10 16:48:40

Jackie

Skillbert wrote:

The problems with lots counters is that there is no way to reliably read the xp drops from them. There is no way to see the difference between a 30xp drop and two 30xp drops after each other, which makes them pointless.
I'm thinking about using the skill icons as a way to tell the counters apart from random numbers, i didn't expect to be able to read those icons when i first made it.

I would recommend resetting one of your lots counters for now so you have at least 2 counters display a number, this will fix it for now. There is no difference between one or two lots counters anyway.

Thank you for the clarification! smile

Board footer