#1 2015-07-09 18:59:56

christley

fix and improve the droplogger

the droplogger has to be improved. there are bugs, and ive got suggestions for improvements. which is why im posting it here and not in the issues subforum

ive only recently used the glacors droplog, but im sure the other ones suffer from the same mistakes.
1. some drops are missing, for example uncut diamonds. basicly most of the drops which were added after the rune update to the droptables arent there.
2. shards of armadyl arent secondaries. they are main drop.
3. glacors drop 2 runite ores, not 23 at a time
4. they dont drop blood or air or nature or steam or mud runes anymore
5. the prices are very poorly updated, for example: ragefire boots are 11m in the droplogger, but 5.8m in the live game. this could be fixed in my #1 suggestion.

suggestions:
1. use the grand exchange api (http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/ … hange_APIs) to get the prices of all the items and store them in a db on the server or something and use a cronjob to get the information each day at midnight.
since the api is slow (atleast was last when i used it) there do exist pages which just have a json with all the tradeable items and its prices updated. dont know where though, but google is your friend.
OR have a button in the droplog which says "calculate price of the log" and when you press it, it fetches the data from the api for the related items.
2. kbd needs its own droplog
3. you should be able to export the logs to a txt file on your computer, as well as importing one. it does save a local copy somewhere but i dont know where

probably know more but cant remember right now.
thanks

#2 2015-07-13 22:44:44

Skillbert
Administrator

Re: fix and improve the droplogger

I started working on the droplogger again, I never really got to finish it as i kinda got lost during the project.
The main problem is the enormous amount of edge-cases which complicates the app logarithmically. Some drops are dropped together, some drops are secondary, then there are bosses like vorago which drop more than one drop, and there is also the rare drop table, which is dropped multiple times by most high bosses. I am trying to make sure that one click is one kill, however with all these problems it gets quite hard to decide which drop belongs to which kill.
You also have the problem that arises when bossing in teams, how do you log drops that are not yours, how do you calculate the profit. This is especially complicated with bosses like vorage, or with logiones.

Planned changes:

• I already had a script to update the prices using the ge api, but never actually added a cron for it, that's done now. (There were some problems with the ge api data limits)

• Add a "No drop" option which can be used to log drops that are not yours or burned by herbicide/seedicide.

• Add a "Other drop" option which essentially allows you to add a custom drop (probably not linked to ge, but not sure)

• Allow the option to import drop tables from the wiki and edit the tables.

• Improve the handling of pressing alt+1 over rdt drops.

• Rework the alt1 version of the interfaces, the original interface was never designed with alt1 in mind and the conversion didn't really work.

• Support multiple drop tables per log, this will probably mostly be internal for rdt drops.

• Add the option to export logs in monospace text format and possibly also in a json format that can be imported again.

#3 2015-09-05 20:07:58

Simpuhl

Wish you could make it very simple like we right click loot and while its on screen press alt 1 and it does it.

Also be able to choose any monster

Last edited by Simpuhl (2015-09-05 20:08:18)

#4 2015-09-06 01:14:15

Skillbert
Administrator

It already does that right now. I'm working on some major upgrades on the underlying structure right now which will allow just about anything. It will hopefully be ready for release next weekend.

#5 2015-09-06 01:16:42

Simpuhl

Ah I guess it just isn't working for me. weird. i cant do item lookups either

#6 2015-12-09 09:06:25

Freud

Is it possible for drops from QBD with the rewards displayed in a box to have a picture taken and the app can then work out the items from the picture? Rather than having to right click every loot.

#7 2015-12-09 15:12:45

Skillbert
Administrator

No, sorry.
All items icons are rendered in 3d with your current graphics settings. This means that they will look very differently depending on your rs graphics settings and graphics card.

#8 2015-12-10 13:36:06

Freud

Okay thank you! Also is there a reason why the always drops doesn't appear in the drop list?

#9 2015-12-10 20:42:34

Skillbert
Administrator

It doesn't log the standard qbd drops (bolts,rocktails,brews,bones,hides) to prevent it from getting to cluttered. You can add them to the droptable manually if you want to add them. It will ask you if you want to add them when you alt+1 them in if you're using the Alt1 toolkit.

#10 2015-12-14 05:59:54

Niken

Is it possible/viable to make it so It reads the Amount of items? more for arraxor then anywhere else since the drop amount varies

#11 2015-12-14 07:24:28

Skillbert
Administrator

I don't think there is a way to reliably do this without a rework targeted at qbd/araxxor alone. The actual reading of the number wouldn't be that hard, however it would be a lot of work to locate the number and link it to the drop. You're also covering the number with your right-click most of the time when you use it like you would currently.

#12 2015-12-17 06:11:03

Niken

You could use the "bank all" button as the thing needed to right click alt+1

#13 2015-12-17 06:41:48

Skillbert
Administrator

The problem is that item sprites are actually rendered in 3d on the users computer. This means that they look different for everyone depending on graphics settings and are basically undetectable. I found out just how difficult it is to detect those while making the celtic knot solver and it proved impossible to tell 17 runes apart in every possible graphics setting.

Board footer