#1 2018-12-18 17:25:22

Persnoody

AfkWarden sound alerts

Since the update whenever I open AfkWarden the sound alerts don't work, until I open the options for the individual alerts, the mouse cursor alert works fine, and the bar tracks fine. I waited till now to say anything cause I thought it was just lag in the initial connection, but in order for the sounds to work (alarm and voice) I have to open the options for each alert that I use, each time AfkWarden is opened, so if I close the game with or without closing AfkWarden, or even if I close AfkWarden while the game is still open, I will have to go through and open the options for each alert every time.

Honestly I'm willing to just deal with it for now, it doesn't bother me that much, but it seems like this recent update has added a bunch of inconveniences, I don't use the full extent of alt1 so I don't know how far this extends, but I assume it's just limited to anything that tracks the game in some way.

#2 2019-01-27 02:49:46

SkalShadar

Re: AfkWarden sound alerts

I'd like to build on this, as I've recently developed a similar issue.

After some experimenting, AfkWarden seems to always be silent on bootup, but opening the settings of ANY meter will enable sound for all. I tested this using a Prayer meter set to 99% (So it will be upset if I lose almost any prayer), and a Seren Spirit meter (Which I used just to open the gear). The Prayer does not trigger on boot up (Tested with both true and false conditions on start), is still silent after the initial opening, but the sound will play if I open any of the settings menus for the meters currently loaded. I haven't experimented with other settings/menus yet.

Can you confirm if opening just one settings menu fixes your issue, or if our issues are different?

I've also had issues with AfkWarden going suddenly silent on me for no real reason. Unsure if this is related to closing/restarting Alt1 and AfkWarden while fighting with the silent meters.

#3 2019-02-12 06:03:36

John2025

Re: AfkWarden sound alerts

I have the exact same thing, the way I solve it every time is go to settings, go to the alarm selection. Once I choose my alarm it provides the sound as example and then it will work. It started with the latest release.

Board footer